The Story Makers.

The Story Makers.

Wednesday, November 7, 2012

: (

It is 2:33 a.m. 
I just got a text from K....
Sorry for us, and may God bless America!

Of course I cannot go back to sleep.
I am so very sad.
I am stupified.

I am dreading telling our kids in the morning.


I don't know what there is to say.
I saw a few things on fb that I guess sum up how I feel.

 Emily:

"Prepare to be humbled America"

and this from Kathleen:

DROWN YOUR SORROW PARTY at my house tomorrow. 
Here's the happening agenda: 
1)- 72 hour kit assembly with a special segment on grinding your own wheat, 
2)-Gun Storage and Cleaning, 
3)-Melt your jewelry into gold bars, 
4)-Obamacare :Do's and Don'ts 
5)-Chinese 101 
6) Book of Mormon prophesies being fulfilled 
7)Alternate fuel sources (try manpower, cuz you'll be riding a bike soon)
I laughed at first,
until the reality of it hit me.

My mind can't get around this loss.
I was so excited to be able to support a president I feel
 respect and admiration for.

I spent twelve hours yesterday working at the polls.
I was mostly with elderly people.
I enjoyed their company very much.
It is amazing the relationships you can forge just 
being shut in together
for three meals.
What good people.
Wonderful...
full lives and interesting stories.

I enjoyed seeing Americans come in to cast their vote.

It was a wide span of individuals.
From the tatooted from chin to shin, to 
bakers, nurses, doctors, businessmen and women,
lots of first time voters.
Many families.

That was the best part.

The last thing the gentleman next to me would always ask
as he was checking voters out to get their ballot was,
Would you like to have an absentee ballet sent to you next time 
so you don't have to come do this?

99% of the people were like no way,
I like coming here in person.
I want my vote to count.
(not sure the current system is set up for that to happen.)

Some people came in and were very pumped,
some nervous and scared.
One of my favorite ladies that came through was happy and 
excited, and asked who I was voting her,
I said I was not allowed to say.
Well, I can tell you who I am voting for....
sure, go ahead.
Mitt!

It is never a good idea to be 
forced to be humbled.
I feel like America is going to be forced to our knees....
I hope we will make good use of 
our time down there.

GOD BLESS AMERICA!


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I got to spend the day with mom dad, Keri, and seerie while they did like 20 bags of leaf removal for (with) me.
Mom and dad seemed strong and like they'll be fine.
Keri was unable to stop talking about this sad loss, and what it means to she and her little family. Obviously wondering how this happened.
We agreed, this has been our only pres. Election in which we actually were really rooting for the guy and looking forward to vote for this man.
Of course I didn't have much to add to the passion of the conversation.
I'd just left work on Election Day with people huddled around the computer watching each state turn red or blue.
After a while I finally clarified, so Romney is red right? Somewhat in disbelief, and obviously wondering if i was joking-- Another therapist said- yes, they go by republican and Democratic Party colors. I replied that I knew that but just sometimes I get the colors confused. (She's from Virginia and didn't seem too impressed.).
Anyways now it's done. So, my prayers will be with Obama.
Love and miss you.
I'll call you from moms tomorrow (or get more air time!)
Love A

HB said...

Anonymous...I love you. I love your comments and candor. I was actually pretty detached from the outcome on this one, which actually makes me feel worse because not caring seems so apathetic and unclear and, in color speak, completely purple. I'm just kind of interested to see how things ultimately shake out...I'm not quite ready to go out and buy a gun yet. :) I'm glad to hear you pray for the President - I think he needs all the help he can get. Love you both. HB