The Story Makers.

The Story Makers.

Saturday, March 9, 2013

Change is in the air....

This is it....the beginning of the big goal for 2013.
My ticker proclaims it,
we have 9 month, 3 weeks, and 1 day to complete the kitchen ceiling.
I was very HAPPILY surprised when I came home one night to find 
this going on.
Wow!!!
Kev had told me no.
no not now.
no not here.
no remodling.
It will be too big a mess, to much of a pain.

But somehow, he caved.
YEAH!

I haven't really nailed what swayed him in my direction,
but I have wondered about one idea.

The kids and I enjoy watching Property Brothers.
We saw it for the first time at my moms while we were on vacation there.
I decided to set a timer for it.
Every so often, 
maybe once a week, we will hang out and watch 
an episod together.
Kevin thinks we are nuts.....
you are watching this for entertainment?

But maybe it gave him the idea.
We really get into the excitement of the up dating 
and fixing up the homes.  
It is fun to see the transformation and 
talk about what we would, or wouldn't do if it was our home.
Maybe K got swept up in the DIY vibe.
 I love the fan being gone.
I will keep you posted on any new developments.
Recently my mom started sending me her 
 coupon inserts once or twice a month.
I have really appreciated that.
Then two times ago she included an article she thought I would 
enjoy on menopause.
Gee, you shouldn't have....thanks mom.
I actually really liked it.
I liked that it was an unexpected surprise and a little extra.
I had thought it was only the coupons,
which was enough, and already very thoughtful....
However, 
A bonus told me she was thinking about me....
and my aged stage in life.  : )

I mentioned how much I enjoyed the addition the next time we spoke.
A few days ago I received my latest manilla envelope package.
This time I found not only one article,
but THREE!
Yowsers!  
Mom must think I'm sitting around here doing nothing.
I have been dragging them around with me.
Setting them here, then over there on the table, then they were by the
toilet for an afternoon,
then I had them with me while I ate lunch,
(maybe not in that order)
then in the office by the computer while I was waiting for things to 
download or upload.
I have enjoyed the spiritual messages and 
the thoughts on gratitude.
But again, even more than the printed messages on paper,
as I read them, I also got to be reminded of
my mom's thoughtfulness and caring for me.
Thanks mom.
.....................................
Here is my BONUS for you, 
my faithful readers!
There have been many times that I have discovered I am out of 
Lipton Onion Soup mix when I need it for a recipe,
namely Sunday's Roast dinner.
I finally took matters into my own hands and found a recipe for 
Homemade Dry Onion Soup Mix
2 1/2 T. Dried minced onion
4 cubes beef bouillon, crumbled
1 t. onion powder
1/8 t. salt
1/8 t. ground black pepper
Combine and store in airtight container.  
This recipe is the equivalent of one soup package.
(If adding to liquid, there is no need to crumble bouillon cubes).
I have used this recipe a few times.
I have been very happy with the out come.
I hope this BONUS Detail comes in handy.

Love,
M

2 comments:

AUNT GUGGY said...

Oh yes, very handy.

Isn't receiving mail the greatest? I also got a manilla envelope from Mom...what tidbit did she send me to read? I also dragged the articles around for days trying to find time to get through them. It does feel special to know she went to the extra effort to send out a packet. I love our Mom - we definitely came out on top with the Mom we got.

I LOVE the Property Brothers. They have two shows - have you seen the one where they fix up the current house to get it sold and find them a new one? I like that one just as much as the fixer upper show. I also LOVE Yard Crashers...I dream of running into them at the Home Depot some day and having them create something wonderful in my back yard.

Thanks for the Mac tips tonight.

Love ya,
HB

Anonymous said...

Well, Well, Well! It certainly pays to tell you that I figured out how to send an answer! Loved all the praise and high compliments written about me. I have found another article I will be sending out in the next coupon packet. This one was in the Church news on Sunday and we loved it.

Boy did the king of your castle bit off a big project! No wonder you are so proud of he and the kids.