The Story Makers.

The Story Makers.

Monday, April 7, 2014

Egg Report : Chicken vs. Duck.....

Dear Ducks,
I love you.
I love your work ethic.
Your regularity.
Your count on ability.
Your clock-work never faility.
Your look.
Your new calmness.
You are the perfect pet for me.
You give me satisfaction, and a feeling of 
productivity.
You provide my family nourishment, and save me money.....
for that, and much more, I love you.

Penned by your protector, friend, and new mom, 
Melissa 
........................................................
I wanted to start with a tribute to Majestic and Sunrise,
because, 
well,
THEY ARE FREAKING AMAZING!!!!

Why everyone does not have ducks......
I will never know.

Here is the EGG Report I have promised.

First, duck egg shells are STURRRDEEEE.
I gave a tap, harder tap, and then I still had to do a thumb
nail dig to wrench this mammoth apart.
WELL WORTH IT.
Double yoke baby!!
BooooYah!  
Face.
But double yoke or not, all the shells are more leather like and 
quite hearty.
Next, the color, notice the deep rich color of our three 
"home grown" eggs.
We all know a darker color means more nutrients and better for you.
Think about your green and red veggies.....

Lastly, the eggs themselves are firmer, not as watery.
You can see in the bottom right picture, 
the egg white is a lot thicker, it can hang around for a 
WHILE.
I made scrambled eggs and waffles, 
using eight of our eggs total.
No complaints.
I noticed a texture difference in our waffles....
a bit thicker, next time I may add a bit more milk.
Now that we are well past a dozen eggs I will quit counting....
I guess  : ( 
It is actually really fun to keep track.
Maybe I will keep counting.
Can you imagine??
2 a day x 30 days in a month = 60 eggs!!!
For real??
This still seems to miraculous to be true.
How do these two little innocent beautiful creatures
create a whole entire formed egg every single day?
I don't comprehend it.
(My friend Erica says she has a book I can borrow to understand
how this miracle works).

Just look at these two.
You can't tell me they are not smiling.
They have come into their own.
They really get who they are.....
no more random egg laying,
They lay two eggs a day (ready and waiting each morning)
always in their nest under the Jasmine, out the kitchen window,
beside the ping pong ball.
They get it!
They have filled out, 
(yes, I do give them a little extra for the eggs)
their bodies are in constant production as I see it.
They seem more satisfied with life.
They are comfortable.
That makes me feel good.  
They never leave each others side,
where one duck goes the other goes.
They are equally yoked. :)))))))

Majestic and Sunrise
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
New subject!!!
Choffy Video Release!!!!
Have you seen it?
Have you shared it with every person you know? : ) 
If not HERE it is.....
(click on YouTube to watch it full screen....you won't want to miss a thing ;)

Enjoy.



......and hey, if the movie got you in the mood for a little 
brewed Chocolate of your own,
PLEASE feel free to go to 

Let me hook you up with your own cup of BLISS.


2 comments:

AUNT GUGGY said...

WWWHHHHHOOOOW! Pretty nifty video. I will comment more later…working of course, but couldn't resist a quick peak. I can't believe I'm related to a movie star!! :) You look and sound GREAT! HB

AUNT GUGGY said...

Fitting names for those ladies. It is amazing how different the eggs look from store bought eggs - they taste different too. I said below "richer". Travis loves fresh fowl eggs. I need to get back into yard work this year. I get the same fulfilled filling of growing something beautiful and need to get my yard in shape again. All I seem to do is work and, while that is fulfilling in its own way, I get much greater joy creating something beautiful for my family. I'll need to plan this month so I will be ready when the time is right. What a great post. I have to admit the choffee commercial did make me want a cup - maybe I'll go make one right now. You are inspiring Melissa. Love you. HB