The Story Makers.

The Story Makers.

Tuesday, June 25, 2013

52 Plants.

Summertime is in full swing.
We are soaking up our Utah bound friends as much as possible.
We are all getting tanned....well fried actually, from squeezing in  so much 
beach time with them.
Only one week to go before their big move : (

 Besties!!
................................................
Last night I met 
my Master Gardening friend Erica at the 
Cocoa Extension Office where we browsed through hundreds of 
plants, bushes, and trees of all varieties.
Like kids in a candy store!!
I left with a FULL Truck bed of plants.....
52 to be exact.
Now for the hard part....getting all these beauties in the ground.
  In a place that suits them.
 In an arrangement that balances the yard...
and to decide what spot makes the most 
out of every little, and not so little specimen.....
52 times!
(thankfully my leader gave me some guidance here as well : )
I think I have twelve or so to go....mostly for the back yard.
Which once again requires my honey.
He is really beginning to wonder about my mysterious gardening buddy.
I need to make introductions!
He says he is not interested in spending every spare second he has 
on any more yard projects.
Truth be told, he has been a wonderful sport....
he and the kids finished repairing the sprinkler system last night,
just in time for todays planting.
Then tonight, after walking in the door from work,
he kindly accepted my next plea for he and L to
pull and dig out three more decrepit, over worked, tired looking trees
from along our back fence.  

I think this is the place I am most excited about.
I am so excited to look out our big family room window 
and see something of beauty through them for a change....
rather than our neighbors back yard through our rusty old chain link fence.
HIGH HOPES!!  
 Will post a final update this weekend : )
.........drum roll please........

2 comments:

AUNT GUGGY said...

WOW! Looks like a fun Summer for sure. I can't wait to see the final yard photos! I understand not wanting to spend every spare second on yard work, but it is so great to get it done and feels so amazing to have accomplished something that adds joy to your life on a daily basis. I wish I could have been there to help. This is actually the kind of project I would have liked to work on with you. I guess we will see you soon!! Everyone is talking about little else except "when Christensen's get here"...:) Love ya, HB

Melissa said...

That is Awesome! Glad we are on your mind. After we have been there about 2 weeks, it will be the opposite.....when will they LEAVE?! This is gonna be a long one.