The Story Makers.

The Story Makers.

Tuesday, June 18, 2013

TIC - TALK

Pioneer Trek.
Scout camp.
Hair Bobbing.
These kids have it made.
Lots of fun summertime experiences.

 E and R spent four days at pioneer trek with other friends and 
kids in our stake.
I love that they had this opportunity.

Before Pics.
After.
Here is a short VIDEO of their return.

I can't seem to get any of Lawson's scout camp pics uploaded to 
my blog today.....so I guess we will settle for pics of one of the two
tics found in L after he got home, 
(and showered and cleaned up) from camp.
L found this one in the side of his foot, 
earlier K had dug one out of the back of L's head.
Geeez!
I wanted you to see what they look like, I sure didn't know.
If you are wondering why there are so many angles.....
that is because this little guy was a quick mover.
YEP.  that's right, both tics were alive and well,
ready to burrow again after being extracted.
I guess that is good, otherwise, if they had been dead it would mean 
the head popped off in the skin, 
and would have continued to burrow!!
 M has been wanting a bob for a while now.
We (I) cut her hair a few months back, and she has enjoyed that.
However, she and a few of her good gal pals had a shorter
style in mind.
V and I took the girls to a "Salon" ......The $15 Hair Cuttery down 
the street, and they had a BIG TIME.
They loved it!
It was a fun little girl time splurge while the boys were away.
Bob-C Twins
 I have been excited to be working with my Master Gardner friend,
Erica, for the last week or so.
We are making big plans for our yard, she has given me certain 
assignments I need to fulfill before we meet up again next week to purchase
new native plants for our yard.
Some of those assignments are to pull out some 
old, nasty trees and bushes.
Great.....
it's just that K has been traveling so much lately,
that I felt a little worried about how the kids and I were going to
remove them on our own.
Well, Fear not!
K said, lets just do it now!
OK, lets DO IT!
Here are the remains of our yard for now.
You can see the broken sprinkler pipe in the big picture....
So yes, 
we ran into a little trouble, but we will  forge ahead.
Kev was not exactly tickled about the project after the sprinkler 
buckled and snapped after being drug out of the ground with the 
roots of the third tree.
He has big doubts now that he is more involved with the project.
He thought his involvement would begin and end with the
tree removal / grass tearing up project....
so did I.
Here is a brief, yet distressing VIDEO of the Damage being performed.
                                
I wanted to share this beautiful morning with you.
Come visit and see this magnificence with your own eyes : )
and Hey.....how bout one more VIDEO to start, or end your blog reading right?

1 comment:

HB said...

I think you and maybe Jason were the only ones that got to do trek in the family. I remember Mom mad you a great hat and cute skirt and the next year they stopped doing trek in our stake. You guys must have been too big a trial for them :)

Well, I like that Kevin was in his dress shirt while he divested the yard of your trees. Very nice. I actually liked those trees - can't wait to see what you do to replace them.

I'd go running every day if I had that ocean view (snort...yeah right). Very beautiful.

Love ya,
HB