The Story Makers.

The Story Makers.

Thursday, July 21, 2011

Half Over.......

We are two weeks into our vacation,
 having a wonderful time.
Today is one of the days I have been waiting for with
anticipation and longing.
I met my sister Amy at the Kura Door Spa in the Avenues,
where she works, for a pedicure and facial.
Two treatments I have been needing badly.
I had a fantastic two hours getting spoiled by my sister.
She does such an amazing job and I always enjoy
my time in her care.
My only complaint is that I can not manopolize her time
 even more during our visits home to Utah.
I always feel great,
but also a little bad leavinging after my treatments w/ Amy.
I leave to go off and relax and admire my toes somewhere,
while she on the other hand has to continue on with her
appointments....
more facials, more waxing, massage...whatever.
Doesn't feel fair.
                                                   
This is my brother Jason.
I am loving our bike rides and motorcycle journeys.
I hope to report on at least a few more of each before
our trip is over.

This past weekend we went to Nephi for the
Rodeo and Fun Run -
(I took first in my age group!!! 34 - 39, 27 minutes for the 5k)
. We camped out (well at least the boys did)
M and I , plus my neice Abbie, stayed with
 my parents in their trailer.
We played several new games I bought,
some are keepers, others not so much.
Mostly I loved that my sister Heather and her husband Travis were
camping out with us as well.
The kids had a fun time getting to know them better.
The rodeo was a lot of fun.  The opening flag ceremony
and National Anthem, were a highlight for me, along with the Wild Child
motorcycle clown.
I recorded a little video snipet I will try and load later.

Yesterday we met a few of our friends (the Munns Sisters)
from Florida, at the
Bean Museum at BYU - super cool!
After, we hit the Creamery for lunch.
We had massive mint chocolate
brownies and plate sized sweet rolls for super cheap.
Next we hit the campus bowling alley, arcade, and book store.
To get there we had to walk through the campus and several museum
displays.  I kept marveling at how much there was to do there.
I saw many families and people that looked like they were not actually
going to school there.
I said to Vanessa, so can anyone come here?
Well sure, it's not a closed campus or anything.
aaaaaaa, duh.
Well why in the heck have we never been there to enjoy any of these
cool attractions before?
It was nice to have an introduction to a little of what BYU has
to offer. 
Both my parents went to school there, as well as my inlaws.
Clue us in guys.

Vanessa and I really did not bowl, we were just trying to look cool.
I think we succeeded.
We did all of these things w/ only one kid getting lost,
one kid vommitting out his nose and mouth into some bushes,
one mom having to leave early to take an extrememly ill child to
Urgent care, (different kid from the one that threw up), so
all in all, I'd say it was pretty much par for the course.
Good times had by most. 
-In case you are not familiar with the Bean Museum,
it is a science center FULL of stuffed animals.
REAL...passed on animals of all kinds.
It is quite unbelievable.
What a marvel to think that Heavenly Father has created and
placed all of these wildly different creatures here on earth
for us to admire and enjoy.
Do you think he had a design team or what??
I have many pictures I will collage when I get home...
I really want you to see more of what we saw-
We concluded the day by driving by and seeing Shelly and Johns
new digs in Orem.
They found a beautiful home. 
Very happy for them.....
(Can't believe I did not get a pic w/ you, or your house!! Lame.)

I love it here.
I love the running, driving, biking, and hiking, 
all while taking in the mountains.
It is a good feeling being surrounded by them.
It feels safe....
but on other occations it feels so lonely.
I am surrounded by family, which I am loving,
but my other half is missing.
Kevin is not here.
He is not the only person I am missing...a few close friends,
otherwise I would be ready to say goodbye to the water and sand.
I am anticipating our return trip home, but I also
do not want to leave.

2 comments:

Aubrey said...

I'm jealous of your vacation. Your vacation rocks.

P.S. The bad dentist was Milo and the GREAT one is Sunshine Smiles in Viera.

HB said...

OK - We will take you back...:) I have thought about leaving myself and it is hard to imagine being far away...Travis and I decided Park City seems like another State and that is good enough.

We enjoyed spending some time with you and your kids as well. You have a wonderful family and I am sorry Kevin can't be here with you.

Has the Bean Museum always been there? I don't think I have ever been. Do you remember those t-shirts that had a cartoon Bean on it called the "Human Bean"? I remember Mom really got a kick out of those - I think we all did.

Love ya,
HB