The Story Makers.

The Story Makers.

Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Aim High.......

 The past several days I have had the chance to spend with
my younger sister Amy.
"Aim"
Aim is amazing to me.
She is extrodinarily talented and creative.
We have been working on making little purses.
I had a favorite one that broke two days ago.
I have used it like crazy to carry
my phone, lipgloss, a little cash or a credit card, etc.
it is the perfect size for times you don't want your giant bag.
We have also been working on these little dolls for gifts.
(who knows....maybe you will be a lucky recipient!!)
Amy is the real mastermind behind the projects though.
I am constantly freezing up while sewing, afraid to make a mistake, or
confused about which way to turn this or that piece of fabric so
it will turn out right.
I have been known to get so frustrated with the hand sewing that my
dolls end up going w/out eyes, or accidentally making my doll's legs
so narrow that I can't even shove the pencil down to
turn it right side out.
Stinking legs!
My dolls turn into eyeless mice,
but hers are adorable.
ALWAYS.
I swear she can do no wrong when it comes to creativity.
She has always been artistic.
Here is a little sampling of our (her) efforts.
I am good at stuffing and sewing up the seams after Amy does all the work.
It is easy to whittle away several hours on our projects and
not be aware of how much time has passed.....
this has happened a few times on this trip.
Love to craft with this girl!
Look at my new purse!
I did make that....with Amy's guidance.
Can you believe her craft room???
I love all of her storeage ideas....these are just little snipets,
Woudn't it be fun to have a room like this?
She has definietely earned it.
She is constantly working on projects for someone else,
the young women for camp, birthday gifts for the kids to give friends,
you name it.
These are some other creative projects Aim has done.
I love the tree in her daughter Elle's room.
She painted that fun picture below.
McCauley has one of her mobiles in her room.
Today was our big run....
well it wasn't that big, a 10K
and it was all down hill.  It was a lot of fun to run with her
again and see the beautiful city of Salt Lake in a different light.
I slept at her place last night,
we got up at 4:30a.m. to be there at 5:15. 
It was a fun route to run because of the pending parade.
There was lots of interesting people watching.
Tons of people slept out and were still in their beds checking us out as well.

Amy will be running the marathon with our group in January!!!
A first for both of us.
After our run Amy had to go do 5 massages....yikes.
How are your calves lady?
mine are totally sore!!!
This is how we spent the rest of our day -
cliff jumping up Ogden Canyon! 
 
KOWABUNGAAAAAAAAAAA!

1 comment:

HB said...

WOW - Amy really is amazingly creative and I think you are as well. It is fun to see it all in pictures - those are some great ones. Sounds like Aim is going to go thru with the Marathon...It really is just around the corner isn't it?

I am proud to see Mc jumped off the cliff - I wouldn't have dared to do it. Did you?