The Story Makers.

The Story Makers.

Tuesday, December 24, 2013

The LEAN - book recommendation


I saw this book on our library $2 sale shelf....looked interesting, so I scooped it up. I read it on the drive from Florida to Utah for our Christmas vacation. I really enjoyed it. I am excited to try many new healthy ideas for the new year. 

Kathy breaks it down into a 30 day plan. Each day adding one more good habit, or omitting one poor one. She goes over the benefits and reasons why. I loved learning about "Power Foods", and realized I am doing lots of good things for my body already. However, every new year I get excited to try new things and to dig a little deeper into becoming more conscious in my life. This year I feel really motivated to eat for ENERGY! This book was a great lift off point for me. 

Her ultimate goal is to ween you completely off all animal based eating. I don't know that I am to that point, or ever will be. But I am ready to try a VARIETY of healthy eating. I am excited to experiment and see how I feel, and "test" out some of the great recipes and foods on my family, and see how it goes over. I know I will never switch from meat on the premise of pressure, or guilt of how animals are treated, that is not the mode I choose to go. But I would consider switching over to plant based eating based on how I feel in comparison.

MERRY CHRISTMAS!!
HAPPY HEALTHY NEW YEAR!!!



1 comment:

AUNT GUGGY said...

I love the new books and ideas even if I feel like I have read it all before. Let me know if you run into some amazing recipes - I just saw a bean salad that looked pretty delicious on the news the other day - black, kidney, white beans rinsed w/cubed cucumber, red & Jalapino (sp) peppers, onions and corn...I think there was some sort of italian dressing and cumin to go with it - sounded good.

I had to start a new blog...it is pretty irritating, but I decided to give it another go since I couldn't get into my old one anymore...the new one is hbsjustsayin.blogspot.com - hope you are having a fab new year! Love ya - HB