The Story Makers.

The Story Makers.

Thursday, January 9, 2014

Hind Sight.

Well, I was really gung ho to dive into 
my new years kick off.
My mind is abuzz with the new and exciting....
but as I started pulling together pictures, I realized there was no 
way I could move forward,
without first taking a look back.
So, without further ado......
The 2013 wrap up.

I am sorry, 
but I don't think I posted any home Christmas pics this year.....
better late than never.
Everything was way to beautiful not to at least give 
honorable mention.
M and I had a lot of fun making loads of those magazine trees this year.
(the upper left corner)
She learned how to make them in activity days,
and then came and taught me.
We used many old Ensigns and small Readers Digests from the library.
After folding the pages we spray painted them with gold, then spray 
adhesive, then glitter.
LOVE EM!!
Trust me when I say they were ALL over.
No Christmas Decor would be complete with out my creepy 
Nauvoo Rag Doll.  
You can see she needed a little TLC before being displayed....
I was happy to give it.
This is one of my favorite gifts of the season.
Barb, one of the gals from my early morning Sculpt Your ASSetts class,
made each of us a personal ornament w/ our name on one side,
and our class on the other.....it is hard to tell, but there are cute little workout
girls on there as well.
So creative!
 .....................................................................................................
Now onto our Utah festivities.
Fast.
Lots of collages.
Few words.
.......
oops, wait, 
two more things from last year that I forgot.

E got his wisdom teeth out.
GROSS.
He recovered speedily, without much trouble.
He barely used the cold compress thing,
did not once use the warm compress,
never used his squirter thing to keep his sockets clear,
and yet, lucky for him he recovered quickly and without issue.
I remember I got dry sockets.....not sure how many times I 
warned him about how horrendous that would be for him
if he neglected the surgeons advice.
Nah, 
no thanks.
Well......it worked out.

(why the heck do humans have wisdom teeth???.....
are they from cave man time??  
someone help me understand....what a waste!)
M had a fun little solo in our ward choir performance this year.
"I Saw Mama Kissing Santa Claus"
She did a wonderful job.
..................................
Utah!
We drove in through blizzards, and on icy roads, and wind a good 
part of the first two days.....
after that it was pretty much smooth sailing
DOWN CANYONS AT 70 miles per hour!
I am a nervous passenger rider, but an even worse driver,
so I try my best to avoid much of that....
I am pretty sure I logged 2.5 hours total drive time.
SO thankful K loves to drive.

I did do a lot of griping and clenching.....
I guess I can count that as a work out of sorts,
turns out I wasn't completely stagnant the whole trip : ) 

Christmas was lovely.
The kids spent a good portion of time outside trying to get 
Ryker's gift from McCauley out of trees, and from other peoples
back yards.
(middle photo hanging from tree branch)
That thing really moves!

So far since arriving home,
only one indoor light has been shattered by this little fellow....
So yeah, I guess we recommend it to others.
It keeps them busy and off their phones.
PRICELESS.
 I was kind of determined to get us to Temple Square for pics....
it was frigid cold.....and only slightly miserable.....
oh, and I forgot to mention, we popped up there on Christmas Day night....
dumb....
everything, EVERYTHING was closed.
No Duh!
We finally did find a McDonald's half way home for a treat. 
Kev surprised our family with a 
SKI TRIP to the Sun Dance ski Resort. 
Wowsers!!
I probably would have stalled us out on that forever,
so
I am really happy he just went for it.
We had a great time.
The younger two kids took to it really fast.
E and R......a little slower on the up take, but by the end they 
were pizza wedging it with the best of them (us).
The cabin was Bee - You - Tee - Ful!!
Two fire places!!
 After skiing we enjoyed playing our family game:
Hearts
with Kev's new James Bond Playing cards (from me)....
only a few of the pics were a little uncomfortable with the kids,
but they definitely spiced up the game.
 We rushed home to shower and change after skiing to make it to our 
Dana family photo shoot.
These are some of the goof off shots we took while waiting for our
turn with the actual photographer.
I really love the old barn back ground.
 I can't wait to see the final product.
I think this go round we finally nailed it...
(we have had some real dozzies in the past)
the clothing, location, the whole bit......yeah!!
or maybe we have all just gotten better looking??
 December 31st.....Ryker had his B - DAY!
Whooohooo!
Steak and eggs for breakfast (that he barbecued).
A hockey game later that night with the boys.
This kid is quite a gem.
Sure love you Ryk!
Amy and her girls came down.
We had a delightful New Years Eve.....
we painted our nails,
and planned our 2014 resolutions!!!
Could not have picked a more desirable activity.
Goals and planning, (already Awesome)
  but couple that with one of my very favorite people.
Bulls Eye.
When K, his dad, and the boys got home, 
he made us stay up until midnight......
(I'm not as into that as I used to be)
we all tromped outside and ooooooed and awwwed as he lit of 
TWO MASSIVE, VERY COSTLY FIRE WORKS.
It makes him happy.....
so I'm happy to : ) 
Don't ask, Don't tell
 is my best policy to practice when it comes to things
that cost money and Kevin.
It is best I stay in the dark.
After a quick radiator change we were ready to head back to FL.

We made it.
The car survived.
We live.
We will treasure our wonderful memories.... 
(at least the ones in this post)
Always hate to leave.... but it is good to be home.

1 comment:

AUNT GUGGY said...

So glad you did a recap...you are right - you had to. Your house really did look beautiful. I will always associate that doll with Nauvoo and with Twilight...good times. You will be happy to know that we CAN make a blog book. It will take some time and effort, but looking at this post...I know it will be worth it to have a hard copy of all these memories you have created. It is going to be awesome...I will give you the detes as I figure it out. Loved this post. HB