The Story Makers.

The Story Makers.

Friday, December 3, 2010

41 days later, one day short of 6 weeks.....

Today has been a wonderful day.... I decided to take time off from the gym and running
and just stay in my pjs and Christmas shop online, do wash, 
AND drink cup after cup of hot cocoa.
This was going along marvelously....I put together a whole slew of fun items on Vista Print,
got some awesome game recommendations from friends off FB.
Put our clean bed sheets on....yum!
Around noon I hurried in to change into my day clothes....
somehow the fun of wandering around in pjs flees when Kev stops in for his mid-day check in.
I was folding clothes and hanging out when Kev went and got the mail.
He was flipping through it....magazines, ads, bills, aerobics...
he tosses it my way.
Oh MY GOSH.
I had no reaction out ward.
Kept folding.
He was on the phone now.....
I really wanted to wait and not open it until he had headed out.....
you know....just in case....I need privacy for crying my eyes out if this is bad news.
I end up casually picking it up and walking to the office.
I am very scared and excited.

 I DID IT!!
I AM OFFICIAL!
I am a Certified Group Exercise Instructor!
Whooohoo!
You have no idea what a relief this is.
Can't tell you how many times I have been asked about it.
Each time I was asked the thought went through my mind....hmmmmm, will there be a way to 
nonchalantly stretch this out into 12 weeks if I actually have to retake it?
It has been in the back of my mind taking up valuable otherwise contented space for 
41 days!!
I would be coasting along, feeling satisfied and happy with life....
only to stop myself and try to remember what was nagging at me...
OH Yeah... I don't know if I passed yet!
That's right....I can't completely relax,  I cannot get totally comfortable.
No more! 
Cheers to me!

I am ready to WORK YOU OUT!!!
GET ME ON THAT STAGE!


5 comments:

Sarah said...

I am so glad you commented on my blog because now I can properly stalk yours! lol I LOVE your blog! You are a great writer...I seriously spent over an hour reading it and I'm not even done. Love it!

The Jump On It place is in Layton. They have a website and it gives you directions and everything on there. It's 8/hr per person or 5/ 1/2 hour. There are buy one get one free coupons sometimes in local calendars or as so maybe ask your family to keep an eye out for ya! Have so much fun on your trip!

HB said...

CONGRATS!! There was never a doubt in my mind. I went through the same thing when I got my "Certified Relocation Professional" designation for work. The company paid for it and I had to take the test in Vegas a few years ago...8 WEEKS to find out if I passed. I did the exact same thing when I knew the results were in...go hide in a corner and make sure...I BARELY passed...SCHWEW!!! Good job M - you will have to demonstrate a little zumba (is that right?) when you get here. HB

HB said...

P.S. I love the toast photo...very cool.

Anonymous said...

YIPPIE!!!!!!! I CAN"T believe you did not tell me this. Why do I have to find these things out on your blog??? So proud of you. Guess I will have to sign back up at the gym so I can attend your class!

Shelly Hyde said...

Good work Meliss. I am so proud of you. I cant wait for you to work me out!