The Story Makers.

The Story Makers.

Thursday, December 2, 2010

The MOST Wonderful Time of the Year.....

I, like you, really love this time of year.
I love the fact that there are only 15 days until we are flying home to Utah
to visit family for the holiday.
I am in the throws of going through closets, gift stashes, 
and my stock pile to see 
what surprises and clothing I can bring to tempt my sisters with this year.
We always make clothes and service trades when we are together.
My sister Amy is an esthetician/massage therapist at a sweet spa in down town SLC...so I have quite a few goodies coming her way - Layers dresses, contact solution, etc. etc.
Keri is a hot-to-trot beautician....she still makes a trip every four weeks back to LasVegas 
to take care of her clients.  
She has very good fashion sense (similar to mine!)....so I am sure I will have my eye on several 
big ticket items (expensive jeans) from her.  
I will have to do some smooozing for some of it I am sure.
Heather, we don't trade so much....she is my blog mate, and a relator 
(unfortunately I am not in need of a new house very often), well....she is that... but she also works at the LDS Church Office building....or at least used to....she is head of the relocation department for the church....is that right HB?

Really I love it when October hits....and then it is just a non-stop frenzy of putting up and taking down decorations until Christmas.

We really don't have many decorations at all, but it looks like tons and tons because it is all crammed into such a compact area.  It works out pretty good.

 Ethan is always accusing McCauley of doing things and posing just so she can get on the blog.
So I said...you want on??  You got it....give me your best shot....
this is what he was able to muster up.....
I can't remember what the boys were doing w/ Kevin, this was the day after Thanksgiving, Kev got McCauley and I the tree down and we went to town.
First we cleaned the whole house so we could focus w/ abandon on our task.
Then we brought all the Christmas decorations in from the garage.
We lit the candles and threw on the Christmas music and it was go time.
She helped me with my least favorite job...
the spreading of the fake limbs.
The boys eventually made it home to help with the decorating.  It was a lot of fun.
I love the finished product.
My favorite ornaments are of course the hand made kid ones with pictures...
Eth does not have one on the tree, we need to make new ones this year.
I love the feeling in our home throughout the season.....
it always has this warm glow.
lights are dimmed, we are happy spending time together, it feels so good.....
....it is the feeling of CHRISTmas.

1 comment:

HB said...

A) I didn't know Ethan had braces...when did that happen?
B) You are SOOOOOOO good with decorations. You always were. I remember how wonderful your "room" always looked. How did that happen? How did that gene miss me?
C) I wish I had taken the "step" photos of my tree. It is amazing to see the "work in progress".
I can tell Mc is going to be just like you....So cute. HB