The Story Makers.

The Story Makers.

Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Recital...

On Saturday the kids had their piano recital.
They all did a great job.
With our trip coming in just days, and the big recital, the boys all got
their hair cleaned up.
Ryker thought he would document.....I liked what he came up with, I think he really 
captured the moment.
(I am especially loving the piles of rubble in the back ground)
 Thanks to me, we got lost on the way to the recital....went a good twenty minutes out of our way.
I had originally thought we left "extra" early....plenty of time.
We actually got to walk in 6 minutes late, have our teacher showcase us, and 
finally start once "everyone" arrived.
Very good first impression.
She has 26 students!!....so 
the place was pretty packed.
Kev was none to thrilled about any of it....
especially the getting lost part.
 Very fun and exciting if you ask me.
 Little M had a bit of a tough time.
This was her first recital.
She had perfected her pieces, I wasn't worried at all for her. 
Well, as you will see....she really got stumped when she made a mistake....
she could not figure out how to go on, or find her spot.
Felt bad for the little trooper,
but she held it together and she finished out.
Here is a really bad recording...didn't upload correctly...but I still wanted to post it.
I am proud of them all.

I hope they continue to play the piano for many years.
(Really I have no doubt that they will).
I know they will never regret the time they put into their practicing, the seemingly endless lessons
where I am falling asleep, and these twice a year recitals.
They will one day thank me.....I just know it!

1 comment:

HB said...

It takes a lot of guts to play in front of people. They are ALL CHAMPS!! Over time I believe it will get easier for them. Maybe they will get to play at weekly Church meetings some day...that tends to force the shakes out of your fingers pretty quick!! HB