The Story Makers.

The Story Makers.

Tuesday, July 24, 2012

Getting you up to date.....

Wow!
Time does fly...
(and so do my friends and I...well sort of...but not really)
I am very far behind with my posts.
A few fun things have happened that I have not posted about,
so before I loose the details I want to lock down forever,
I thought I better kick it into high gear and do a catch up post.

First, Vanessa turned 40!!
Whooohooo!
Tina turned 38??
Waaaaaa, gaaa, gaaaa, goooo, gooo...little baby infant.
There are better years to come my young friend.
Barb turned maybe 42?
(Actually 41!!!..thx B)
and she is rockin it!
with all the B-days as of late....
we had some celebrating to do!!

One of V's biggest dreams, that we were all aware of
is to go sky diving.
We thought it would be so out of this world to take her
for her 40th B-day...
and make it all a SURPRISE!!
(we are big into surprises).
So Tina worked and coordinated with V's hubby and we
were getting all pumped and stoked for this mega event.
I was to be her jump mate since I had been before and was the only one that
wanted to.

Anyway......long story short,
it didn't end up that we were able to go because Nate really did not
feel good about it.
We respected his wishes and feelings and begrudgingly moved on
to plan B - 1 day before the big event.
Plan B was for all of us to go to IFLY in Orlando and do the
flying simulator.
Nate gifted this to all of us which was very generous.

So that is what we did.

Here is a little photo recap of the event:
This is V, she went first.
Always the exceptional student.
Ready to learn and follow instructions.
Good job V....
(she made it look fairly easy).
Then there was me.
I too felt ready to learn....
I also felt maybe a little cocky and over confident.

Maybe having done the real thing 
I thought I knew it all.
yeah, yeah, yeah....I got this little buddy.
He (our instructor) had already kind of gotten mad at me
as we were getting our "uniforms" on....
kinda got a power trip attitude.
It was unsettling...so I did want to do a perfect job on my flight.

Well, my dreams quickly went down the toilet.
I was NOT what I would call a good flyer in the air tube.

At first it was all fun and games,
I saw my friends all lined up out side the glass smiling and waving,
I wanted to give them a good show,
I gave some waves and a little swim effect and so forth.
Next thing I know the instructor is right in my face
holding vigorous signs and making all these serious
motions and disciplinary moves to me.

It caught me off guard, 
 I quickly tried to re-group and do better.

Toooooooo late.
When my turn was over our serious instructor came out and gave
our whole group a lecture on WHAT NOT TO DO!
Our group included six other strangers as well.
Man.
I felt like a major idiot. 
 This is Skinny Sonia.
She was the complete pro and good listener and got several
thumbs up.
 This is smilely gus Tina.
She was all, tra la la la laaaaaaa.
Seemed to have no trouble.
Until the last flight when she felt like she wanted to vomit and pass out.
But up until that point.
Super Excellent performance.
 This is show off Barb.
Barb seems to always be a natural at
EVERYTHING.
Pole dancing, fake flying.....can't think of anything else we have
done right now but trust me.
All Natural Superstar.
He was flashing her advanced signals that we didn't even learn.
Letting her go up super high,
and do
down low hover circles, clapping, giving the A-OK every few seconds.
Ok, ok...we get it.
Instructors pet.
Whatever.
 Christi also was an exceptional flyer straight out of the shoot.
Confident.
Good form.
Chin up, arched back, bent legs, but not too bent.
I will tell you this left me feeling VERY pressured.
I was soooo scared and nervous for my second flight.
I wanted to do my best.

I was still under par, but there was no goofing off.
I learned my lesson,
this young fella does not take kindly to having fun.
The thing that really got me...was at the end when our 
"Professor of Un-Flying"
was handing out our "Certified Certificates" 
everyone got full marks but me....
oh yeah, and Vanessa!
What is his deal with ladies with red hair?
If it had just been me not graduating fake flying that would have been
one thing....but V to??!!!
It was her BIRTHDAY dude!
What is your hang up?
Anyway.....

Here we are after, at the Yummy italian restaurante ..
What is it??....Buca Di Beppo?
We got to eat in the kitchen and see all the going ons...
plus be a spectacle as diners came through on their tour.
The meal was fabulous,
the chocolate cake WAS the best....just like Barb promised.
I was dared to lick the plate....
heck yes!
Why wouldn't I??
....the dare just made it possible for me to make my
wish come true w/out being disgusting.
We all ended up taking a $9 piece of cake home for our
"family".
....we really did share the slices.
Kevin thought he was in heaven.

The personalized dolls Amy helped me put together for V and T
turned out to be a wonderful hit.
Very fun and special to celebrate these lovely ladies.
We laughed and remembered, and talked about all the little
details on their dolls.
It was a very fun filled day.
...............
Cookie is still here.
This is a little tribute video for V's family to enjoy if they want to.
I am sure they are needing a little Cookie action right about now.


Cute Cooks.

6 comments:

HB said...

MAN - You are a TROUBLE MAKER...I cannot understand what you could have been doing that was so bad. You were obviously making his job hard and doing something dangerous. Maybe he was afraid you would just take off and then dip in just the right way to crash head first into the wall. It still looks like it was fun...say...didn't a similar thing happen to you when you were training to ride those two wheeled things with Kevin that one time? Maybe you just don't respond well to authority.

I LOVE Cooks...funny dog. I think that dog has your number for sure.

HB said...

P.S. The dolls look like they turned out cute...wish I would have seen them in person.

Melissa said...

I did sound like I was a trouble maker...I guess there is one in every group. I really didn't feel like I was doing anything at all at the time (really), but yes, I could have, should have, followed directions more exacting.

hmmmm....I don't remember having trouble on my segway tour....surprise! Guess I could scrounge up the details here on my blog. Thank goodness I have this little guy.

Yes, Cookie is pretty funny.

Vanessa said...

Great update M. That was a fun day, trouble and all. I still need to get Sam to hook us up for a free session so we can get our technique solid! Also, loving the Cookie video. We are missing her. "We'll be home soon Cooks," Declan says.

Anonymous said...

I'm sure you were doing NOTHING out of the norm during "instruction" time!! That's not you're style. I kept having flashbacks to when we were young sitting through some ("the dangers of wearing short skirts") lecture from mom and dad. -seems like we had a lot of time and a variety of topics like that-
I don't know about Heather but I remember feeling torn between paying strict obedient attention "this is serious" we were told after all-- or join in you're fun and friendly banter- toward mom and dad. (or any other "authority" figure, let's not make them feel singled out!).
Our teenage years were important learning times, I remember learning the fine art of sarcasm while I watched you and Jason perfect it.
Seriously though, maybe you were just having an off day, don't let it shake your "I can do anything confidence". That's what makes you such a fun friend to have around! (is it too early to start wondering when you guys will be out here for Christmas?).
I'm glad your friend like their dolls - they're so fun to put together!
Love you,
xoxo A

Melissa said...

Geeeezzz. I can't be that bad. Can I? Not too early to start asking about Christmas......but no plans, or any idea on what they will be yet. Love you to Aim!