The Story Makers.

The Story Makers.

Tuesday, September 18, 2012

Capturing Those Special Moments.....

We have just celebrated two milestone birthdays in our home.
Lawson turned 12 on September 8th.
He will be passing the sacrement with his brothers 
this coming Sunday!
and McCauley turned 8 on the 14th.
Her baptism is Sunday as well.

Now.....listen....
It is not my fault that there is tons more footage from 
M's party.
Girls like to participate in pictures.
They will actually try to help you get a good shot. 
As many times as you ask....they will magically form into 
a group photo without
question.
Without complaint.
Without purposely trying to ruin a shot by being disgusting.

It is waaaaaaaaaay too much effort, without nearly the pay off, to try 
and get boys to participate in a photo.
FORGET ABOUT IT!

Here are the photos from L's party.
Whoohooo!
Great job with the decorating M!!
Nice birthday trap for the boys....he he he....

You caught me....
indeed I had no B-day candles....Partylite saves the day!
 Looks like a great party huh?

Truthfully the boys had a lot of fun.
Lawson spent the day at Andretti Thrill Park with Kev and the brothers,
then had some pals over for video gaming, legos, pizza, soda and a movie.
Even though the pics don't show it,
I think the kid had a pretty great day.

 Ok....
so far pretty much the same....
only this time I did the decorating,
I call this toilet papering with crate paper.
NO TAPE required....
can be done in a time pinch and still have the 
"party" effect you are looking for.
 The girls started off by getting pumped with some sweet dance music.
They eventually moved their way into Limbo and balloon toss.

After we played pin the Earrings on the Donkey....
none of this babyish pin the tail junk at this gig.
They colored, cut, and made the earrings I designed look fabulous!
 Next was cupcake decorating.
After they made their own cakes look super delicious, 
they hooked the boys up with some of their fine work.
 Presents were so much fun!!
What great and thoughtful gifts!
McCauley is enjoying them all like crazy.
(Thank you notes will be forth coming.)
 Next we headed off to the mall.
This is the moment we have been waiting for.....
The ear piercing!!!
(be sure and see the video)
It was so fun having friends there to be excited with, 
and share in the drama!
 See what I mean about the group shots??
Poses delivered on que time after time....
Love it!!
I guess I am a little partial to girls because I am one : )
....a little easier to relate to. 

I will keep trying to load the video to YouTube so it can 
be made bigger to watch.

I love it so much.
Makes me happy and sad.
Enjoy.

1 comment:

HB said...

Ah...so fun!! Doesn't it take you back to your own childhood? I wonder if those girls will remain friends thru high school? How will their friendships evolve as they change and grow? I love that we live in the age of photos, blogs, journaling, etc. I think it is darling that Mc wanted to hold your hand...so sweet. I'm sure Lawson had a great party as well. Those really are two big birthdays - sounds like a great weekend ahead. Love you all! HB