The Story Makers.

The Story Makers.

Friday, October 26, 2012

Sandy's comin to town....

No School Day.
Perfect.
I wonder if the kids would rather be in school, 
than scrubbing tile grout?

School was canceled yesterday due to a category two
hurricane, Sandy, (locals like to call her)
 coming our way.
Thankfully it has not been to bad.
We also had to cancel our Trunk or Treat Fall Fest
The Primary has been planning and preparing for 
over the past several months....
but eh...
it is only a party, 
there will be others, 
and our big assignment is taken care of for the year.
(even though sadly it did not even happen).

So, 
here is how the kids and I spent the better part of our day.
We went all out,
moved the fridge, took out the oven drawer, got everything
off the floor in the pantry, 
etc.
 We scrubbed our brains out....
but the truth of the matter is that our work does not stack up 
to Kevin's grout.
Ours does not look "like new".
I don't get it.
It is something I will never get,
because I am willing to live with this mystery.
I plan on never doing this again.
But I am really happy K inspired us to do it once.
If feels soooooo clean and sparkly....
and for once, 
It actually is.
 Last night I was worried about the flag being whipped
 so hard in the wind.
  It was getting shredded to pieces.
I asked the boys to take it down when they got home.
Ryker came in and said they couldn't get it down because it had 
wrapped all around and knotted onto the pole.
Great.
I wondered how we would eventually get it down.

Problem solved.
When we went out this morning I thought I saw a dead bird 
on our lawn, 
R went to inspect,
it was actually the eagle off the top of our flag pole.
The pole had been blown down in the night.
huh.
Be careful what you wish for : )

1 comment:

HB said...

The family that scrubs together...well, I hope everyone is as excited to have that job done as you are. It looks GREAT - what hard workers and good sports I am sure. There is one maybe you can get out of your head...

I hear Dad is meeting the boys on their hunting trip...can't wait to hear about it. Where will you put all the pheasants if you got rid of your garage freezer? Do you and Mc have big plans?