The Story Makers.

The Story Makers.

Monday, October 1, 2012

Weekly Round up.....

I am a week behind....
Noooooo!
I spent last Sunday compiling a wonderful baptism slide show video,
with music, etc. 
It was fabulous.....
just one problem.
I couldn't save it to share.
No Way. No How.
I worked and worked and tried every which way.
I still can't share it.

Lame.

That set me back, and helped me loose my drive to recap
M's special day.
I realize I will miss not having anything on her baptism 
later on,
 so here are a few photos and words about last Sunday.

McCauley was very excited.
We all were.
Her school teacher ended up attending, as well as our next door 
neighbor Charlie (Herbie's dad).

I quickly realized the smarts behind not holding a baptism right after the 
block on a Sunday.
It was pretty crazy and disorganized.
I am not going to get into a whole bunch of details,
because overall it worked out very nice.
Just know that behind the scenes there was some stress 
and discombobulation involved. 

As far as M was concerned I think the day went seamless.
K performed the baptism and confirmation...
beautiful.
Her primary teachers, (pictured below) gave the talk on baptism and
did a wonderful job.
They are both new converts to the church, and were very nervous.
They did wonderful, and brought a sweet
spirit to the meeting.
I spoke on the Holy Ghost....and also did quite remarkable... : )
E and R participated by playing the piano,
 and Lawson lead the music for the meeting.
M's little friends Izza and Claire said the opening and closing prayers.
I wouldn't change a speck of the meeting.
We missed having our families here with us, 
however we are extremely blessed to have such a 
supportive ward family.
I love them so much....
we all do.
 M got a few special gifts....
her "Comforter" blanket from the primary.
Sister Saxon, from our ward, embroiders something special 
on each blanket for every child that gets baptized.
What a sweet, generous service this is for us.
M is really into gymnastics right now, and her favorite color is green.
Sister Saxon nailed it as usual.
M ditched her other blankies just like that.

Diane, Kev's sister from Kaysville, sent McCauley
a beautiful white towel w/ her name and baptism date sewn onto it.
Her teacher gave her a pretty necklace.....

M kept saying how this day was so much better than any birthday she 
had ever had.
Plus she got the best gift of all,
the gift of the Holy Ghost.
.....................
I spoke w/ my sister Amy today,
at one point in the conversation she said, you never talk about the healthy 
things you eat.
Only about the times that you splurge, and about the garbage and sweets you eat.
(maybe not in those exact words)
Today would normally be no exception....
here is the amazing cookie dough Kev whipped up for us.
Mmmmmmmm, Mmmmmmmm, Good.
But then I remembered the Kale Chips Tina made for us this past Friday.
Yeah!  You heard me right....
I said KALE CHIPS!!
BooooooYeah!
We were totally healthy that day.
Here is the recipe:
Put tons of cut, washed Kale (from a bag) on a cookie sheet.
Drizzle with olive oil.
Sprinkle w/ salt and garlic powder.
(did I forget anything???)
Bake at 400 for ......how long Tina?
These were sooooo, soooo, yummy!
We ate these and drank our ultra delicious,
healthy BRAND NEW DARK IC Choffy!
Thanks T!
ps - don't leave the house w/out doing a thorough teeth check after eating this stuff.
........................
Some news:
This past Thursday was my last day to volunteer at the front desk 
of Our Club.
The reason, is that I was asked to start up a new class, 
on a trial basis for now.
It will be every other Monday @ 11:00
- Cardio Sculpt -
Which I am super excited about!!
Lots and lots of options and variety available for this little guy.
At this time I will be volunteer teaching for the class.
So instead of sitting at the desk for 15 hours per month,
and this paying for my membership and helping out Our Club,
I will instead teach 4 classes a month and this will cover my fees.
So 4 hours vs. 15 hours.

It sounds like a great deal....
but truth be told I am going to miss my Thursday desk time like crazy.
I have enjoyed it so much.
I will miss my visits with other members.
The Choffy sipping time w/ Terry in child care,
laughing and chatting w/ Dawn the office maner, Irene
at the other desk, 
all of it.
I do lots of my planning, thinking, and reading at the desk.
Not to mention sell quite a bit of Choffy.
Plus I like checking out all the latest gossip magazines that
get brought in.
Dang it.

I will keep you posted on the new set up.
 Lastly...
Remember!!!
I'm serious!
Get up.
Get out.
Get going!
Get up!
Get out!
Get going!
Get GOING!!
MOVE.
You will be happy you did!

1 comment:

HB said...

AH - I was wondering where the Baptism went? Everyone looks amazing as usual. I wish we could have been there to see everyone do their thing and to support Mc. Sounds like a lovely day.

Now you will have more time to blog...:0 Let us know how your new class goes. Remember how nervous you used to be? Do you still get those nerves when you teach?

HB