The Story Makers.

The Story Makers.

Friday, February 10, 2012

Another Birthday for E come and gone.....

In honor of Ethan's 15th Birthday,
on the 7th,
I thought I would include one of his (our families)
very favorite You Tube clips.
Not being much of an animal lover,
I can still say this dog melts my heart.
I love his expressions....
I really had no idea dogs could talk like this.
This is a much imitated voice around here.
We have found there are countless times when 
using antics from this video come in handy.
Almost anytime someone is retelling a story is the perfect time
to pipe in with....yea, and then what'd ya do?
etc. etc. etc.
There is many a good line in this short little clip.
............



Here is one more clip for the road....
maybe not one of our best,
but here is how the birthday rendition went down.


Ethan took the day off seminary and school.
We kicked it around here.
I did his dishes,
he got two boxes of Pop Tarts, and a personal sized box of
Captain Crunch cereal,
and a few other cool items.
Later that afternoon I used a Groupon,
 he and I went to Marble Slab and got 
giant ice cream creations.....
at least I did,
I got the Brownie Blowout or something....
it had a hot brownie on the bottom (nice and gooey),
then I choose three different scoops of ice cream to top it with,
along w/ whipped cream, caramel, and pecans....
I think I am still 
sporting a muffin top because of it.
Ethan got 3 scoops of peanut butter ice cream?
At least one of us went all out on his B-day.
I will take any excuse.

His birthday went down hill from there.....
kind of a long story that had to do with long waits, forgotten wallets,
and a wasted late night stuck in the car.
Anyway.....parents aren't perfect.
Happy B-day Eth!!!
Love you!
We will go big on your 16!!!

1 comment:

HB said...

Sounds like a pretty good birthday to me. We get a day off from work during our Birthday month - it sounds cool to have the day off school...and spend it hanging with your Mom...when you are a 15 year old boy...jk, it really does sound like it was fun. Ethan really laps up all that attention...still rubbin the game in I see...:)