The Story Makers.

The Story Makers.

Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Born To Run Book Review, etc.

 Man, I really wanted to love this book.  
I had read so many raving reviews.  I began it before running my first marathon in January, 
I fully expected to finish it quickly and implement all the amazing 
running nuggets into my run and be lighter than air, etc.  
I guess my expectations were set to high.  
I was enraptured with the first twenty five pages or so, 
but shortly there after it went into a huge drag out for me.  
The last twenty pages or so were again relatable, 
and I enjoyed the ending.....  
mostly because it was the ending.  
I guess I am just not a "running book" kind of person. 
BUT WAIT.....!!
 I am NOT giving up just yet though, 
a good friend gave me a fun surprise the other day, 
Run Like A Girl....
and it does indeed look amazing. 
Can't wait! 
I will soon find out, now that I have hurdled this guy. 

The next book I will be reading looks like a pleasant, enjoyable stroll in the park.
Saving CeeCee Honeycutt.
This will be the second book in a little book club I joined last month
with my friend Heather Hennessee,
(she chose this book).
She will be hosting at her house on the last Tuesday in Feb. the 28th.
Would you care to join us???
It would be super fun if you did!
Take a look at the book and its reviews,
(although they don't always mean much!).
See if you are even interested.
If not, maybe next months book.
What are you reading right now??
Any good?

3 comments:

devanddar said...

Hi - it's your cousin Devin. I loved Saving CeeCee Honeycutt. Two of the best books I have read recently are "Forgotten Garden" by Kate Morton, and "Unbroken" by (I think!) Lauren Hillenbrand. So, so good.

Melissa said...

Hi Devin!!! So glad to hear you enjoyed Saving CeeCee.....I am a little more motivated to get moving on it. I have heard a lot about Unbroken as well....it is on my list! Good to hear from you!

HB said...

I'm going to get a book recommended by our brother-in-law Golden called "Enders Game". I gather it is in a similar line with the Hunger Games, but he says he has read this book 5 times he likes it so much...I will make a note of Dev's recommendations as well.