The Story Makers.

The Story Makers.

Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Aldi food review.... and wetland tour

 Made a great trip to Aldi yesterday...
totally stocked the pantry on $120 cashola.
Thought I would share a few of the best deals IMO, and my favorite finds.
First, a few new items we are going to try - 
knock off 
* Cheese whiz - $2.29 per jar
* Tuna - .59
* Canned Chicken - $1.89
* Canned mushrooms - .59
* Fruit Strips (like fruit leather) - $1.29 per box
*Toaster Tarts - $1.89 for 12 pack
The best deals were by far on their fresh produce.
10 lb Potatoes - $3.59
bag of sweet onions - .79
Apples - Red Delicious, Golden Delish, and Granny Smith 
only $2.59 for a 3 lb bag!!
Bananas .44 per lb.
I have had NO PROBLEMS OR COMPLAINTS with Quality thus far.
My favorite surprise find was in their clearance section,
The PANCAKE Shake-Ups!!!
One of the things I love, love, love about staying at a hotel,
specifically the Holiday Inn Express,
is the FREE breakfast.
Yes, the free is Awesome....but nothing compares to the 
pancakes that you press a button for 1, 2, or 3 and 
"just like magic"
they come rolling out onto your plate like warm perfection

every. single. time.

I could eat them allllllll day long
 slathered in real butter and imitation maple syrup.

Sooooooooo,
 I saw these Shake Ups and had high hopes.
They were only .69 per plastic jug.
I got two.
I made them up this morning.
You just add 1 1/2 cups of water, and give about 30 
seconds of vigorous shaking.
Then pour onto your hot griddle.
MMMMMM mmmmmm GOOD!
Not the same exact taste as the hotel cakes,
but darn near close.
Christi went back to Aldi today, so I had her pick me up a bunch
more.
Think food storage, and camp outs, and lazy breakfasts!!!
Oh Yeah.....plus the bonus.
The stickers on the jug came off like nothing (miracle)
So now you have an awesome container for something else.
I am always digging around for stuff like this.
That to me is almost worth the .69 right there.
The only thing i was not able to get yesterday was Hormel Chilli....
you can see the one lonely can.
They were OUT at Sams Club.
Now that can is also gone.
 .................
Part 2
 Viera Wetlands Bike ride w/ Jackie and Christie.
Moms gone wild!!!......
or maybe just one mom gone insane.
Notice my sweet basket, it contained my water, phone, lip stuff,
and a thermos of Choffy for each of us.
 It was a beautiful sunny, but cool day at the marshes.
Perfect conditions really......
especially for sighting 
Alligators!
They were out in droves today.
We will be planning another adventure soon.....
we will keep you posted.
Thanks for the lovely day ladies.

2 comments:

Mamapierce said...

LOVE ALDI! I am going there tomorrow. Their salsa is the BEST. Love it. :)

HB said...

What the...nice nonchalant mention of alligators...I think I would freak out if I saw one for real, meaning: not in the zoo, behind a fence. Makes my moose seem sweet in comparison.

It feels good to get stocked up w/many choices and variety in the pantry especially if you got good deals. I went to Costco today and can't say I got many deals at all, but at least I got new ink for the printer...sweet.

HB