The Story Makers.

The Story Makers.

Sunday, April 22, 2012

One step out of the Ghetto....one back in.....

Feast your eyes on our beautiful, 
New
TIGHT,
Snug,
 Clean,
not hanging or ballooning over head,
 Normal head liner.
Oh, ho, ho....has it been a long time coming.
I am flabbergasted that I didn't get a before picture for your viewing 
pleasure.
Just know it was extremely embarrassing and ultra 
white trashy-ish.
Once again it feels as though we have joined the rank of new car-dom.
It even smells newish because the liner was completely 
replaced with new material.
A+ Auto Tops guarantees their work for 1 year - but says it will 
last well beyond 8 - 10....
PLEASE let us not find out if it is true. 
The kids and I have been looking up a lot and enjoying the view.
We all pitched in and vacuumed, washed, windexed, and spruced 
up the entire van today.
We are excited to drive in Luxury....
and leave the Ghetto in the dust!

I usually frown upon car stickers.....
for K they are an absolute no.
But I figure this sticker is an exception....as it will only increase the 
value of our van I bet.
.............................
Part 2

Today I was in the office, and M comes in flushed and
with an urgent need for me to follow her that instant.
OK.
I see......
Well, I am not going to do anything with that thing.
We JUST had the Lameo - bug service (that shall remain unnamed
so I don't bad mouth too bad.)
Ryker came in wondering what was up....
I took the opportunity to push him in towards the roach 
and wrestled him for a bit to instill terror.
The roach never even budged.
 Time went on.
I would forget it was there and be cleaning the kitchen and
humming along, and suddenly remember, 
get a case of the major heebs and then double check to
make sure it hadn't moved.
It never did.
This repeated several times,
each time I would forget and get startled anew.

Isn't it crazy and disgusting that you can still see it so good
from clear across the kitchen?
I took quite a few test shots.
M would check and make sure it was still there in 
regular intervals.
She is not one to forget,
because she knew if it did move, then there would be the unknown fear
of where it would appear next.....
the bathtub,
scuttling across the floor, 
hiding behind the door, etc.
There was one person I knew hadn't seen it yet.....
Ethan.  
He is NOT the man of the house when K is gone when it
comes to roaches.
I made use of this when I asked him to please hand me the towel
off the cows head.
Believe me when I tell you it took him forever to even
find the cow.
Does he live here???
It was well worth the wait.

Lawson.
He is the one we go to for garbage removal of all kinds.
He is not afraid.
But he will not usually be rushed either.....
and today was no exception.
When he "felt" like it,
 he came and went about his business.
To be completely honest....
I truly thought it was dead already.
I had not seen it breath or move a single spec.
So when L went to work,
I was actually VERY surprised it moved.


....and back to the Ghetto we go.


2 comments:

Mamapierce said...

You should see the top of our van...there are about 50 pushpins holding it up...ghetto, indeed. And those roaches are massive, aren't they? I find one about once a week or so. At least they are solo roaches. I've been told if you have the smaller roaches, called German roaches I think, then you have more of an infestation. The big ones are still creepy, though. ::shudder::

HB said...

As I may have mentioned already today...those suckers are FAST!! No wonder you can't stand them. It is like seeing a mouse come streaking out of a cupboard unexpectedly...at least mice are SORT OF cute; roaches are def not on my list of "what I miss by living in Park City"...

I love getting my car fixed; even an oil change makes it drive better, feel newer - now you can drive it for ANOTHER 10 years...lucky you! :)

HB