The Story Makers.

The Story Makers.

Friday, December 16, 2011

That's my dad up there!

We are enjoying our vacation in Utah...
K is still far, far away, but we are hopeful he will be able
to get away and join us soon.

My parents recently became temple workers at the Bountiful Temple.
They have been going through their training, and working their
way up through all of the different areas of service.
They work the late shift each Thursday, beginning at 3:00pm.
Yesterday was a big day for them.
It was my dads turn to officiate a session,
my mom was up front with him as well as one
of the sister workers.
I really wanted to be there to support them and see them in action.
They were extrememly nervous.
Unfortunately,
I realized that I left my recommend in my temple bag at home.
Noooooo!
..... thankfully this did not pose a big set back.
I was able to call the temple, they called my stake president
and I am good to go for the duration of our trip.
Phew.
I am three months behind on my "monthly" temple visits
so I have some making up to do.
Not to mention while I am so close, I would be smart to get a jump
start on the new year and stock up on my visits just in case
unforeseen situations arise in the future.....
and really that is a given.

I was able to get my sister Amy to go with me this evening
on short notice.
The big boys were off on a fishing expedition with K's dad and brothers.
M and L went to my brother Jason's.

I saw my aunt Michelleen when we were in the changing room.
Gave her a big hug...she looked awesome.
Aim and I were running a bit behind schedule...we made  it in by the
skin of our teeth.

As we walked into the session room,
there was my dad up front.
Aim and I were about halfway back in the seating.
It was so exciting.
I really wanted to tell the whole group that that was our mom and dad up there.
Instead, I looked at the sister to my right,
Hello,
How are you this evening....?
awww.....hey, guess what? 
That is my dad up there!
No he didn't wave at me, but we did make eye contact.

Both my parents did a great job.
They looked so good up there.
We were able to visit for a few minutes between their next assignments.
A and I ate a most delicious meal at the temple cafeteria.
Somehow my parents were both able to sneak in for
a few minutes each at seperate intervals while we were eating.
It was a night to remember for sure.
A special experience I wouldn't trade.
I know they were very happy to have us there,
and vice-versa.
I am thankful for my parents fine example.


1 comment:

HB said...

I know they loved having you there with them. HB