The Story Makers.

The Story Makers.

Friday, January 6, 2012

All Good Goals come to an end.....

I am finally sitting down and actually thinking about this 
marathon thing that is happening in two days.
At least that is what the "Ticker" says...
it must be true.
Since the moment we walked in the house 
from our trip on Wed. evening,
the kids and I have been working our brains out trying to get 
Christmas put away, the house and yard ready for our company,
and so forth, 
there has not been much time to dwell on the fact that
this long awaited goal of mine is here.
For as much as I have been saying I will be glad when this 
26.2 miles is past me.
That I will be happy when I can check this off my list.
I am sure crying my eyes out right now.
I can't believe it is over.
I will miss having this guy on my mind.
In the back of my mind almost all of the time.
Every day, at least a small portion driving me towards getting 
myself physically prepared.
Toughening up my mental stores.
I can't count the times I listened to "Fighter" by Christina Aguilera,
My Go To song.
My kick in the pants....
My 2nd or
 3rd wind
...Give a listen.

I have happy, happy memories of running lots and lots 
of miles with my ladies.
With my sister.
With my thoughts.

Something I am ultra excited for is the music I have for Sundays run.
My brother in law, Golden, hooked me up with 9.9 hours,
or 153 sweet running tunes!!!
Wowsa!
I. AM. LOVING. LIFE.
Can you say Motivational?
Most of the artists are new to me, 
Flamingo,
The Killers,
Brandon Flowers,
Goldfrapp,
Oh Land,
The Shins,
Yeah Yeah Yeahs,
Scissor Sisters,
but don't think he stocked it without any classics,
oh NOOOOO....
Queen, Thompson Twins, 
Kylie Minogue, Erasure, 
to name a few.
nine.nine hours!!
Yeah you heard me right.
.........................
One last thing to think about for this marathon.
One of the coolest things I read in regard to motivation
was from a runner who dedicated each of her 26 miles to a certain
person in her life.
She said it helped her stay strong through the end because she 
didn't want to let anyone down by walking on their mile.
Pretty Cool.
Now I don't make any promises....
and mine is not exactly the same as hers,
but I loved the idea.
I plan on having this list somewhere on my body during the run...
on my arms, or written on my legs, 
tucked in my little bag.
Just somewhere so I can refer to it.
If you are on the list.....I will be thinking about you this Sunday.
Remembering great things about you.
Thinking of the times you have inspired me.
Thank you in advance for motivating me to do my best.

Here is my list:

Mile 1. Gratitude for my able knees
Mile 2. " my agile ankles
Mile 3. " sturdy hips
Mile 4. " my strong feet
Mile 5. " well oiled legs
Mile 6. " my cooperative bowels
Mile 7. McCauley 
Mile 8. Great running music
Mile 9. Satellite Beach Florida
Mile 10. My Ladies from Our Club
Mile 11. Lawson
Mile 12. My Parents
Mile 13. Ryker
Mile 14. Ethan
Mile 15. Chuck
Mile 16. Jason
Mile 17. Ker
Mile 18. Mel
Mile 19. Kevin
Mile 20. My Ward Family & Gospel 
Mile 21. My Primary kids
Mile 22. My work out girls and running mates
Mile 23. Tina
Mile 24. HB
Mile 25. Amy
Mile 26. Myself

Talk to you on the flip side.
..........................
oooppps....nope.
That is not my list.
I just got into the tub, which got me thinking and remembering about
a million people I left off my list.
That list is too generic...
I can do better than that.
DO OVER.
1. Gratitude for my ability to run.
2. Cooperative bowels.
3. Thanks for the thrill of great running music.
4. My runs in Satellite Beach, FL, on the beach, causeway to causeway, taking in the beauty.
5. Melissa Wilson for introducing me to couponing,
and for being an inspiring runner.
6. That girl I always see running that looks like she is flying, and just
springing along.  She is always on the East side of South Patrick when I see her.
She ran through her pregnancy and was right back out there.
7. McCauley...cuz she is 7 now and is so wonderful.
8. Ever person that supported me with my Thyroid Cancer fund raiser.
 Thank you!! You made
my day with every little purchase or donation during my random 3 day sale.
9. My Wonderful Parents who have gotten even better with age.
10. That guy from the running movie T made us go to.  He was pretty old
but he ran 75 marathons in 75 days.
He survived.
If he can do that, I can run one measly marathon.
11. Lawson, he is 11, and is an awesome kid! Love his personality.
12. My little bro Chuck - for teaching me a lesson on obedience while on his
mission to the Philippines.
13. Ryker, because I love him. He is patient and is his own man.
14. Ethan, he is taller than me now.  I look up to him in more ways than one.
15. My older brother Jason, for the time when we were teenagers and I walked in
on him kneeling by his bed praying.
16. For Mel, my sister in law and friend, who is kind, thoughtful,
low key, and enjoyable to be around,
and who likes to read like me,
and is a runner.
17. Ker, my little sister, who is a great mummy, great hair dresser,
and a super great person, married to an equally great man....
who can really rassle up the running hits!!!
18. My Primary children.
19. The love of my life, Kevin....19 years and counting baby.
This is our year!!
20. All those runners I am going to pass at Disney, and the ones that pass me.
The ones that I can see are in pain and struggling to finish.
21. My knees - hang in there fellas.
22. My friends and support system.  My family away from home.
You know who you are.
23. Tina for convincing us to run this in the first place!
For never giving up....even when she probably should have.
24. My sister HB, for running the first marathon in our family
by herself in Hawii....dedicated to my Grandma Strong....
and for being my trusty blogging partner.
25. My sister Amy...who trained in the cold, in the snow, on the hills, late at night,
early in the morning, fitting it in w/ 3 small children and her hubby, working part time,
 running alone with no partners,
no Team in Training, except for the few times we ran together.
I am very proud of you!
26. Myself....whoohoo!!

Ok....that is my real list.
Printing it now.
Good night.



3 comments:

HB said...

You SERIOUSLY need to drink LOTS of water...you will be crying it all out the whole way if you keep referring to that list. I have to say it is a great motivating idea. I really like that you gave yourself the last mile...that one really should be just for you. Great job Sis - I am proud of you and Amy both. I will be thinking of you on Sunday. LOVE HB

Christi said...

I LOVE our running group and esp. LOVE your wonderful blog which captures all the crazy emotions of the last few weeks. Xoxo

HB said...

CONGRATS!!! Sounds like all went well for both of you!! I am waiting patiently for your written recap!! HB