The Story Makers.

The Story Makers.

Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Voting Day in Florida......

whoohooo!!
Big day in Florida.
We pick our Republican Representative today.
I don't remember being as excited as I was today
....ever....(to vote that is).

We have had fun as a family following the candidates a little better
this go round.
It made all the difference.....duhhhh!!
It was awesome to have discussions with the kids about who we 
were supporting and why.
Discussing the talk we heard around town,
at the Club, school, and work.
Watching a few debates together...
(thanks mom and dad for starting that while we were out in Utah.)
Thanks Tina for alerting me to when they were on.
I am starting to get a little taste as to why T gets so excited 
around voting time.

I am starting to realize that when I (WE) are more informed, 
we are a PART of something big.
If you don't care, or don't understand, or know anything
about the different reps, what is there to be excited or,
scared or, 
PROUD to stand behind?
It is just another day.

I tell you what,
our early morning work out group certainly 
have strong opinions on the debates and different 
republican choices.
If you aren't following the debates....
you were a clueless idiot,
found that out rather quickly.
It was good to get on board and have a voice and an opinion
to share.

To make this day even sweeter, it is a gorgeous day out!
It isn't cold....it's not hot.
It is PERFECT!
Breezy, Balmy....
makes me love our state even more!

After riding bikes with the kids to school, 
I decided to get out and rock the vote early and ride over to the 
nearby church....or the 
114 Precinct where we cast our vote to be counted.

There is no way to get lost or turned around once you 
actually make it to the location.
I love how the volunteers are always decked out in 
their american apparel....
I tried to get a good shot of this american's tall Abe Washington hat,
but she looked up too soon and pretty much caught me.
 I appreciate how clear cut this vote is.
It doesn't have page after page of other stuff and amendments,
and garbled mumbo jumbo that you (I) am
not even sure what the question is asking me to vote on.
(I know, I know....research, study, learn).

9 names.
pick your man.
fill in the oval.
follow the foot steps to the exit.
insert your vote into the hightech counting machine.
apply your sticker.
walk away.
60 seconds to be heard.

 Have you voted yet???
How soon will we hear the results???
6pmish?
HB.....when is Utah's vote??
If I got to sing the National Anthem out loud, I would sing it like 
Carrie Underwood....
freeeeeeeeeeeeeeeEEEEEEEEEEE!
That is how I do sing it around the house for fun.
You?

2 comments:

HB said...

Oh Boy...great question...I still haven't registered to vote since we moved here. This is my goal since we keep missing the deadlines. We have been keeping track of the debates, but you are in one of the "big" states that everyone talks about. I'm not saying I don't want to vote and I have had the "disapointment" lecture from the parents, but we just need to get out there and get registered...

I would sing it more like Garth Brooks...can't carry a high note like Carrie. :) HB

HB said...

P.S. LOVE YOUR DOCTORED PHOTO - NICE!!!