The Story Makers.

The Story Makers.

Saturday, November 6, 2010

Gotta tell ya....

Hi Guys, there are certain things I have not posted about in a while...
I did not want you all to get sick of me 
blathering on about my 
mega savings too much....but this one I gotta share.  I believe it was the "perfect" shop.
It was Friday, the kids were at school and I had put in my time to get my coupons and shopping plans clearly laid out.
One of the details that made this the perfect shop was that it was on a day with perfect weather.
It was so beautiful outside, and inside because the windows were all open.  
It felt so refreshing.
It seemed like everyone in Publix had a little spring in their step and we 
were all in a great mood to have a change in the weather.

Here is what I was able to purchase for $15.45
SAVED $136.48 

We were dangerously low on canned veggies.


Here is a tip for any local couponers....have you noticed the 
DOWNTOWN PRODUCE Market & More Single page flyers in your papers?  
They are kind of glossy, bright yellow.  There is a coupon on it that is for $5 off $30 purchase.
Publix takes these as a competitor....if you spend over $60 (before coupons) 
you can use two...like me today!
That saves you $10 just like that. 

Yeah....that's right!
Yes, these Renuzits are pretty tacky.....however, 
our home smells of Thanksgiving morn now.
I love it....and besides...they are strategically hidden.
Cold and cough season is upon us....had to stock up!

The best part of my trip was checking out today.  I always take a quick scan at the beginning of my trip to see which checkers are working.  Yep, I noted that Phil was indeed working, I will be sure to avoid his lane, but also, My FAVORITE checker, Cathy was working, plus + my preferred bagger Jared, was on duty.  
Doesn't get much more perfect than that.  We were chit-chatting it up, I had seen Cathy volunteering at the voting booths on Tuesday...her back had started hurting from sitting so long.  
Jared told me about a gal that worked there that is also a mormon, she supposedly gave Hector a Book of Mormon, which Hector (whom was bagging right behind us, he is probably in his seventies, so Jared was kind of whispering, so he had to repeat it a few times for me to hear) threw up onto the lockers in the break room.  Jared couldn't believe his eyes.
Now, believe this, Phil actually came over to say hello and see how I was doing on this fine day.  He started helping to bag also, friendly as all get out!
He actually volunteered to run and get me the rain check that I needed.
Cathy is always so happy with the savings....she practically shouts to the eye rolling... lady coming up next to check out...YOU ONLY SAVED 
ONE HUNDRED THIRTY EIGHT DOLLARS AND FORTY EIGHT CENTS!!
Wonderful job!
See you next time...  Kay....bye Cath.  
Jared and I head out discussing the glorious day we are all enjoying.

I think Publix has the wrong motto......It should be....
When you're here, You're FAMLY.
I know that catch phrase belongs to the Olive Garden....I'm just sayin.


The second thing I have tried not to bring up in a while is my knees....maybe you all thought that my crunched down running stance was still doing the trick for me.
Well, it has not been...I really think I got that little gift that day as a little ray of hope so I would not give up and quit.  The real answer has been out there all along, it was delivered to me in person by Aubrey the night before.  She has recently dealt w/ a knee injury and is still on the road to recovery, she was able to give me some new insight into what may be the cause of my knee pain, as well as tips on how to go about  getting rid of it w/ some specific stretching that she does to help with it.
Hmmmmm, I am ALL EARS.
Say on.
She said, did you know that it is your overly tight gluteous and hamstring muscles that are actually pulling on your knee, that is causing the pain?
No I did not.
This seemingly chronic problem stems from my tight Arss?
Ha!  That is cool. 
It really has nothing to do w/ my knees at all?  This is shocking news.  
(Aubrey...please correct me if I am saying this wrong, you should definitely add more detail).

She showed me some very deep glute stretches to do each day, as well as before and after each run. 
 I am telling you that it works!
She and I ran on Friday morning....it was sooooooo cold!  Sooooooo windy.  We did not run more than 5 miles....but it was enough to know.
Today's run was colder and windier than Friday's....I ran alone, planed to run 5, but tacked on two extra...not a single word from either knee.
I can run like a normal person again!!!!

Thank you, THANK YOU, Thank you so much!!! 




4 comments:

HB said...

That race is coming right up isn't it? It is wonderful if you finally found a solution to your knee issue. I am excited to see how the race goes. HB

Aubrey said...

yay!! I'm so excited that it helped you!! That's amazing. I will forward the other tips that I have for the IT issues so you can incorporate them too but you are basically right on everything you said. I'm so glad you are feeling so great!

Shelly Hyde said...

yay!!!! im so happy that you ahve found a solution. Cant wait to see it first hand tomorrow.

HB said...

Will you ever post again??? Missing you - HB