The Story Makers.

The Story Makers.

Thursday, November 18, 2010

I think I'm ready.....

I have been cruising around the house cleaning and making sure everything is set for Kev and the kids while I go off on my little adventure for the next three days.
I think I have things pretty well set.

I have the basic necessities for the trip as well.
Been doing my stretches.
Picked my three running outfits.


Charged the phone, camera, Nano, and Garmin.
Made a new cd and uploaded fresh music to make the event more special.
Burned a cd for the van ride up and back to get us pumped.


Finally got my shirts ready.
What a disaster.
All I had to do was to come home and iron my name on the back and our team name on front, and then wash them once (these look like they are a thousand years old).
Well, I was unaware that the paint from the back was not completely dry when I stacked them and set them aside until I had time to work on them.  
Whooopsie.  They were all stuck together where the paint had seeped through.
I will just have to hold my head high and not worry about it.


You know....I would think I would be feeling all 
MEGA EXCITED AND SUPER PUMPED RIGHT NOW....
but I have been feeling a little sad today.
Maybe it is not sad, maybe scared, nervous, apprehensive.
Feels like I am leaving for a year long sabbatical or something.

Got me looking around a bit and I felt like documenting a few of the things I came across today.
Herbie's filthy face.
She has figured out how to pull the gate open and escape recently.
She has been returned by numerous neighbors, as well as a police officer yesterday.
I said to the family.....can't we take a hint....if she is soooooo desperate to leave let her go already!
and what was the police man thinking....you don't teach a family a lesson by bringing the dog back to the door....you take them to the pound.  How are people going to learn to control their pets if you just give it right back?!
There is our friendly cockroach, probably the one that was on my pillow a few weeks back that we lost track of.  This is in-between the screen and the window of our bed room...
can't tell if it is trapped or not....
maybe I'd care more if I was sleeping in here tonight!

Look at this pile of mushrooms.
It is the only mushroom in the entire yard.....why here?  what brought on such a cluster?
 Another reason I wanted to take a walk about was to document how the house 
looked and smelled before I left.  You know....
 I do love this old house and all of its oldness.
I think it is beautiful.
I get tempted to complain about its smallness from time to time....but truthfully
it has been a good home....I am sure it will continue to be so...
 Look at this...
M was getting out the play dough the other day and said, 
Oh wow!  Look at this, it is all sparkly and crystally...it is beautiful.
Hmmmm, yes, that is amazing, I wonder....
then I saw something that jogged my memory about the last time we had the play dough out.
The kids (Deklen) were eating pretzels.
Pretty neat find. I have been using it as a paper weight on my desk.



I will catch you on the flip side.
Wish us luck.
Love, M

2 comments:

Mamapierce said...

I am excited to hear how it all goes!!!!

HB said...

Well...the big day is here at last. I had a hard time focusing on the post after the "I'm Sad" part...Sad to leave? Sad to be going it alone. I know you have the other sole's out there, but no family. I remember feeling strange without family support when I did my big run years ago, but the team really made a big difference. I know you won't read this until you are back, but I will say it anyway. Be Strong, Have Fun and Do Your Best!!! Love you. HB