The Story Makers.

The Story Makers.

Thursday, May 19, 2011

Can't believe it is over....

Wow, that came fast!
The end of the school year wrap up post.
What an adventure this year has been.
What a sweet fun ride.
I knew when the kids went into public
school they would never opt to be back home again.
I am happy I had them home for the time I did....
but I agree.....
I love the new experiences they are having.
I love the experiences I am having.
  One of the things I enjoy the most is when
 their little buddies stop by out of the blue.
Having their school mates show up in the mornings to 
ride to school together.
It reminds me of the joys of being a kid.
The stuff I liked doing.
Get on your bike and go.
Such freedom. 
So grown up.
I like to see those other kids comfortable here at our place.
The girls are coloring posters in here on the office floor right now.
Someone is playing away on the piano.
I just heard another chunk of glass get broken out of 
the playroom window....
Ethan went to the beach with a few friends.
I like the activity. 
I enjoy hearing what they are saying.
I want them to feel welcome.
I sometimes wish our place was bigger....
but truly it does not seem to matter much.
Just a little bit ago several of the boys friends
came home from school with them,
they rode their bikes to McDonalds and redeemed the
coupons I gave them.  
I also looked at the Walgreens ad with them and 
pointed out all the sweet deals on candy and 
distributed the in store coupons for them to use if they wanted.

Today was "Fun Day" for the Kindergarteners.
I helped out with the ring toss.
McCauley said there was no way to choose 
her favorite part of the day because it was all so much fun!
We rode our bikes home after and had a 1 hour nap on her bed!!
I woke up sweating my brains out.
Two nights ago Ethan had his final band concert.
We went and got frozen yogurt after with some other families.
Lawson just had his "Crazy Beach Day" today.
He found out he got a 4 on his FCAT writing last week.
What a celebration that was...
he was so worried and convinced he would get a 2.
He has come leeps and bounds this year.
Last night was Rykers "6th Grade Awards Night"
Man that was fun.
The big honor they gave out for the night was
calling all the kids up on stage that earned the Presidential Award.
I heard it and knew Ryker had earned it.
There were about 20 kids or so I think.
I got all teary eyed thinking of the hard work he has put in this year.
He is the easiest kid when it comes to homework.
He just comes home and goes to it.
No procrastination.
Needs no help, no reminders, just putters around humming,
getting on the computer.
Googling what he needs, typing up his papers,
working on his science boards,
what not.
Almost every time I am around Ryker and there are other kids around,
they are always asking him to sing for them.
Huh?
Really?
He sings for you?
Oh yeah, Ryker is always humming or doing
rhythms for us.
Sweet!
Monday is the last day of the year.
No more full bike racks for almost 3 months!
It feels like summer has already started.
It is exciting!!
There is a kind of happy buzz in the air.
I have no doubt I will miss this activity.
What better thing to do in your home than to 
pack it full and live in it!!

2 comments:

HB said...

This is their first full school year, correct? Well, in public schools is what I meant. It sounds like you all love it. Remember how great it was to get OUT of school? The excitement of summer seemed to last little over a week, maybe a month on the good ones and then looking forward to school took up the rest of summer. New school clothes, new school supplies, new backpack...such fun. I look forward to hearing about all your summer adventures...oh wait, you will be here!!!! Whew Hew!! HB

Melissa said...

Correct. When we were doing the virtual academy at home the end of the school year was always really stressful for us. There was always some course that we had not gotten through and so we were working our brains out trying to get through it while the PS kids were partying it up for the last two weeks of school. We are loving ourselves some party-time w/ jogathons, field days, pizza parties, and more. What about the Learning??? What about it? Been there done that. Looking forward to the Utah adventures soon.