The Story Makers.

The Story Makers.

Saturday, May 21, 2011

Connected at the Badonkadonk....

Today was a hot one....
and these guys made it feel that much hotter
and much more irritating.
It is love bug season here in Florida and they are incessant 
in their annoying public mating.
Ethan and Ryker both had playoff games today.
They both came home with the W.
These are fun and exciting times.
This is what it looked like at Ethan's game,
one of the dads set up two large fans for our team parents.
Yowsa.....!
I will say it felt pretty good,
the only thing that brought the day down was having 
the love bugs land on you every two seconds, sneaking down 
your shirt, up your leg, in between your toes,
this is one of the few singles I have seen.
Who else out there heard that these were actually 
created by an experiment that went terribly wrong 
several years back?
I believed that until last year.
Before the games were over we had the last piano recital of the year.
I took everyone but Ethan, he told me there was no way I was 
going to force him to miss any of his playoff 
game for a recital.
Kev took his church suit in the truck,
they were texting me the whole time, how many until my turn?
8, now 6, 3, he walked in and sat in the back as she was 
calling him forward.
He said he really liked it that way because he didn't have any time 
to get nervous.
Good point.
Holly is a great teacher.  
She gave out little trophies and talked a bit about 
each student at the end.
I really liked what she said about Lawson,
she said he reminded her of herself.
While growing up she never believed
that she could memorize or play by ear.
She did not have the confidence or faith in herself.
She had seen that in Lawson when he first started with her.
Well, he is becoming a believer.
It has been fun to watch it happen.

One last thing off subject.
I was talking w/ a few moms today at one of the games.
We were discussing the school year,
how it went, who is going where for next year, etc.
At one point I said I had been quite happy with 
Ethan's middle school experience,
except for one teacher.
I am going to make sure our other kids 
do not get him. 
I asked if they had any bad experiences.
Oh sure, at least three different teachers over the years.
What did you do?
 Did you keep your kids out of their classes?
She said she did not interfere,
but let it be a life learning opportunity.
They talked w/ their kids about the differences
in their teachers views and their own, and had some 
very good discussions.
She said she knows they will come into contact every day
with people with differing views from their own.
That is a big part of life.
Yes, that is true.
That felt really good to hear.
Does that get me off the hook from taking any action at all
if I feel strongly about a situation?
No, but it made sense.
We can't always avoid, change, or run from others opinions,
even if they are very wrong in our eyes.
However, we can counter act them with our own children by 
continually having open communication and
teaching in our own home.
It was a good reminder for me to hear.

5 comments:

HB said...

I got on your site just so I could have the music on while I paint my nails and was happy to see a new post.

Miss Holly looks like a nice lady. What is Badonkadonk? I know I've heard it, but what is it exactly? What is Lawson's favorite school subject? Do all your kids like playing piano?

What is the temperature there? Looks beautiful - sounds hot.

Melissa said...

A Badonkadonk is your Ars, bottom, buttox. It is a real word, I know this because I looked it up before using it yesterday. One of our friends little girls is always using that term, I assumed they made it up so she wouldn't use the word butt or something. But nope, it is real! Temp is in the eighties somewhere, it is the humidity that is no fun. The kids all complain from time to time...but I think they are all glad they play. They all know they can quit when they can play the hymns from the hymn book so there is an end in sight. Lawson has always really enjoyed History.
How'd your nails turn out?
I flip to my blog lots of times to for the music while I am doing other things.

HB said...

Is there a Badonkadonk country song out there? Or am I thinking of the Honkie-tonk?

The nails are a lovely gold color. I think they already need another coat, but we will save that for another night...I've got blogging business to attend to.

Anonymous said...

ARGGGGGG. NO, that teacher does not just have a difference of an opinion!!! NO NO NO! That is not the same. It is NOT a teacher that leans to the left or voted for Obama.... ARGGGGGG. You are my friend BUT sometimes you make me crazy. That man told your child that Mormons are twisted crazy people. That our church believes and practices things that we don't believe. That man told your child that YOU were going to be responsible of him loosing his job. Sadly enough that man is still there. ARGGGGGGG. That man is teaching LIES. That is not a difference of opinion or political views!! NOT THE SAME. It would seem a little better if you would have at least addressed the lies with the teacher. At least taught Ethan to stand up and say something anything. Set the record straight. ARGGGGGG.. Sometimes I just can't take it!!!

Melissa said...

Why can't I be Moses and you be my brother Aaron and do all of my speaking for me? Just today I was arguing w/ Kevin over why my Mac does not get viruses. I couldn't remember or make a case of any kind, I said I would ask you and have you tell him. When I try and explain Atlas Shrugged, because I really enjoyed the book and agree with its views, nothing comes out right, and it sounds lame (happened again today) I am gun shy going up against the head of the teachers organization for all of FL. I have tried to set up a meeting w/ him through email.....he did not respond. I will follow up. I WILL!! I know it is wrong.