The Story Makers.

The Story Makers.

Saturday, May 7, 2011

Happy Mothers Day to ME......

This has been an extra fun week to be a mother.
I will say that one thing the public school system has going for it
is helping kids come up with a special hand made 
little something for mom on her big day.
That certainly didn't happen over the past 7 years when they were 
home with me.
The kids have been coming home w/ crate paper flowers, 
painted pots, portraits of yours truly, and lots
of other fun goodies.
I love it.
McCauley's class even had a 
Mother's Day tea party on Thursday.  
I was the only mom in a hat, but that was
A-ok with me.
I felt FABULOUS!
(That's a fancy word for wonderful)
I have been waiting for the opportunity to wear this gorgeous accessory
for quite some time.
 Take a look see.....
 Maybe you can read this if you click on it....
Now today was the best ever.
Kevin asked what I would like for Mother's Day,
I always want the same thing every year.
SERVICE.
I asked for he and the boys to get rid of all the dead 
wood in our yard.
This has been something bothering me for quite some time.
I can ask for help with this project,
and countless other projects all year long until I am blue in the
face, but deep down I know it will likely
not happen until my "special" day.
May is a big month for me because it 
contains both of my special days - 
my B-day and moms day.
So I have to really pack the honey dos in fast in order 
to capitalize.
Here is a video showing one of the tree take downs....
let me warn you now - this video is extremely
anti - climactic.
beware.
plus the voices are about 5 seconds off.
not sure why.....
Nothing makes me happier than doing a family 
project together.
I love it so much.
Nothing gets me more excited about my man
than him performing a honey do for me.
I really think men underestimate the power that lies
in honey dos.
When we work together and improve our
meager yard, it is satisfying and motivating.
It makes me want to do more and make it even better.
It is encouraging and wonderful to see a 
change for the better. 
 A small improvement that makes a noticeable difference.
"Studmyster"
(Don't get me wrong with this post,
Kev does tons all the time w/ our yard, and trying to keep our
home in one piece, etc.  He is by no means a slacker in 
any way, it is just that sometimes I want to bump 
up the priority on certain projects).
While the boys were cutting and sawing down the 
dead orange tree in the back yard McCauley and 
I were finally cleaning up the playroom and 
putting it back in order from the recent roof ordeal.
See here if you missed it.
It is no longer leaking!!! 
whoohoo!
It is not complete on the inside....but at least the water seepage
 has stopped.
Soooo...
I did not sell Kevs workout equipment,
M and I rearranged it so it feels pretty sweet in there now.
We may even start to use that room again.
It has been inaccessible for so long we had just 
about given up on it.
The final touch on this sweet day - 
M and I went to Lowes and purchased some clearanced out 
geraniums to pot.
I have been wanting to do this for sometime....
finally got motivated today
because of the mothers day family work project! 
This is a favorite sight to see.
Packed garbage cans with yard dibris.

For my birthday 
I am thinking of asking for the broken window in the 
playroom to be replaced, and maybe for 
the fence gate to be fixed.
Man.....
it is so hard because there are so many choices.
The possibilities are endless....

3 comments:

HB said...

Hey Sis - Great post. Does Mc's note say you are 18? Nice try. It is an awsome note and a def keepsake.

I LOVE the hat. Today we watched the Kentucky Derby and it made me want to go just to wear a fabulous hat...lucky. Did you make it or did you buy it? Very cute.

It looks like your yard is very freindly w/the new plants - I am glad your roof has been fixed.

Happy Mother's Day tomorrow.

Love ya,
HB

Melissa said...

HB - the hat is a story in it's self....I can't seem to write a short post....but anyway I purchased the hat several years ago at Dillards. It had been marked down deeply, w/ an additional 30% off. I loved it the moment I saw it. It was originally a very expensive hat, but w/ all the discounts I believe I got it down to around $13.....Kevin was with me at the time and told me there was no way I was purchasing that hat....oh brother....there was no way I was not purchasing it. This hat was meant for me. It has been loaned out to friends for special events and has been a great find all around.

Mamapierce said...

Love the craft by M for you - so cute! Love the hat, too! You should sport it for church sometime! Happy Mother's Day!