The Story Makers.

The Story Makers.

Saturday, April 30, 2011

Vanessa's 100% Guilt Free Miracle Muffins.....

She has done it.
finally....a completely guilt free
BAKED GOOD.
My dream come true.
These are banana muffins, 
V modifyed the original recipe quite a lot
so I went ahead and changed the name to 
something more awesome.
Thank you my healthful friend!
I tasted one at her place a few hours ago,
got the recipe mods and came home and  put mine in the oven.
Not surprising that I have almost eaten my way
through all the minis...
but guess what?
who cares?
not me.
I can eat all I want and be even more healthy because of it. 
HA!
We have found a way to beat the system.
Try them, let me know what you think.
V's 100% Guilt Free Miracle Muffins

1/2 cup sugar
1 cup apple sauce
4 eggs
6 ripe mashed bananas
3 cups whole wheat flour, 1 cup white
2 t. baking soda
1 t. salt

Mix. Bake in lined or greased cups at 350 for 18 - 20 min.
(only took mine 16 min)
The only addition I made was to add a few shakes of Wheat Germ to my batter.
(I try to add this to everything because it makes me feel cool...
like anything I add it to becomes instantly healthy because of it....
an effective mind game I play with myself)
You can half this recipe....
but I wouldn't.
These would be a great emergeny snack,
You can just freeze them individually, or two per pack 
and pull them out when needed for lunches or
a pre/post workout fuel stop.

V convinced me to meddal w/ my near perfect
bread recipe.  I really hate the oil in it.
She suggested cutting it in half and replacing it with
apple sauce.
It worked for the muffins....
I just punched it down.
I will get back to you on how it turns out.
My fingers are crossed....

1 comment:

HB said...

MMMM...sounds and looks delicious. Especially w/the wheat germ. :) HB