The Story Makers.

The Story Makers.

Sunday, April 10, 2011

Not the End.

Today was a full Saturday.
A run on the beach with V@ 6:20 - magnificent.
Our families turn at cleaning the church @ 8:00.
Ball games from 9:00 - 4:30.
Barbecue @ 6:00.  Tonight was extra delicious.
Kev wanted to spice things up a bit by throwing in some shrimp.
I am pretty sure this is a first for us.
mmmmmmmmmmmmmm!
My skewer is the one with the zucchini.
Ryker is the official timer man for the chicken, as well as the sprayer 
of Kevin's "secret barbecue sauce".
After dinner the kids headed over to a friends.
K and I had an errand to run with one of our trucks.
We picked it up at the truck yard and I followed him to Palm Bay.
It needs some final work before our driver takes it to Ohio
to sell along with one of our trailers.
I can't believe how emotional I feel about this.
It breaks my heart a little bit.
As you will see in the truck tour the inside of the truck 
is made out to be "old school" which is pretty cool I guess.
We have had this truck for one year.
The acquiring of this Bad Boy was a pretty rough ride.
Kevin was out of the country in Afghanistan when all of the paper work
came together for it.
That left me in charge of getting the job done.
Working with the DMV and trying to communicate with Kevin
was excruciating.  I was back and forth at the DMV 
office no less than six times....
hours at a time on every visit. 
I remember I was in the throws of my yearly cough....it must have been
at its peak because I remember coughing my head off.
Miserable. 
I was in the process of having a miscarriage.  
Is that too much information?
Sorry, I debated about putting it in...but it was life at the time,
I want to remember.
It is just so amazing to me that one year has passed.
I have loved this year.
I am not in any way regretting, or distraught about that time in life.
So don't think twice about it.
Heavenly Father knows his business.
I am his business...you are to.
I am journalling really..... reminiscing, and thinking back.
That is all. 
Back to acquiring this truck.
The purchasing was horrendous....
but the planning of it was a super thrill for Kevin and the boys.
All of our sons are on the board of directors for our company.
They helped design the look.
I remember K spending hours coming up with this exact look.
How big the smokestacks should be, what shape, size, how tall?
The front bumper, how low, how wide?
The chrome visor, straight across and square, or should it 
come to a V in the middle?
The lights, placement and style, the tires, the bolts......
We have learned a great deal over this past year.
We will be better and stronger because of it.
The other night Kevin told me he was grateful for this experience.
We can both see much clearer how quickly things can change....
 What a difference one month can make, 
one week, one day, one decision.
We can have everything, and then not so much in a snap.
It is humbling to experience,
but also invaluable.
We are lucky to know this early in life.
We know we are excessively blessed in every way.
Is the sun setting on Universal Exports....?
No way.
Looking forward to the future.

3 comments:

HB said...

I can't believe it has been a year already...Did you buy that truck new then? Sounds like Kev actually designed the thing...It is gorgeous! I bet you feel like "king of the mountain" when riding in that bad boy.

I too am astonished by how quickly things change.

HB

Melissa said...

HB - no we did not buy it new. It is a 2004 - he bought it from a design shop that sold trucks - made to order I guess you could say. The price included the paint upgrades and so forth that you wanted to make.

HB said...

P.S. Is Kev's sauce really a secret? What is in it? Just wondering. And if he won't share the basics of it, he will need to cook for us the next time you are both out here.