The Story Makers.

The Story Makers.

Thursday, April 14, 2011

Until we meet again.....

So far so good.
I am two months into my goal of attending the temple 
once a month.
See, it's not so impossible.....
.....not at all.
It is not even hard,
 especially when I am lucky enough to be able to hook
up with a few choice spirits for the event.
Shelly, Kara, me and Lindsy (just met L - very nice)
(This might be a bit too jovial in front of the temple....) 
These ladies drove over from St. Cloud w/ Shelly and Kara's
mom, April.  We met for the 10:00 am session.
Our session was tiny, only 12 in attendance yesterday.
I had in my mind to really focus.
I was sitting up straight and tall....eyes open....thinking about
the sister I was going through for - Belle.
Really trying to connect and focus.
I am doing pretty good....
Shell leans over just as it is time to make a change....
"oh, by the way my mom is a speed dresser, it is always a 
competition.......".
what?
I was not intending on taking part....however, I have always
prided myself on the knowledge that I am quite speedy myself at 
dressing, curiously during our session I found my fingers to be bumbling 
and clumsy yesterday.
Somehow the pressure of just knowing there was a competition
going on got imbedded into my mind.
whatever.
Back to my original intent.
Focused in.... 
thinking, pondering, digging deep.....
Shell leans over, can you believe .......yada, yada....?
(edited....she basically just whispered some off the wall comment,
that was unrelated the the experience)
what?
I am going to miss that girl.
Shelly is moving,
has moved already really.  
She and her husband and two adorable little girls
will spend a few months working in Mississippi,
then on to Utah, for school at BYU.
She has been missing from our little "Sculpt Your ASSetts"
class for a few weeks.
Missing from our runs, and early morning adventures at "Our Club".
It is a huge loss.
We had lots of fun together.
I am very excited for her little family and their big adventure.
Their future looks bright!
Good luck Shell!
Love you.

We ate at an amazing Green diner afterwards (can't remember the name),
but I do recall the exceptional pile of hummus,
and my Greek Chicken Wrap very clearly.
Thank you Sister Munns!

This is a picture of the car fire I drove past on the way home
from the temple.
This is not the best picture.....but while driving
it was the best I dared get.
This car was ABLAZE!

7 comments:

HB said...

I love it when you talk about the temple like everyone knows what is up. If I didn't know, I would be really curious about what you were always talking about...sounds strange and mysterious.

I'm sorry Shelly is leaving you - I always enjoy your Shelly stories.

I hope the person driving that car is ok. YIKES.

HB

HB said...

P.S. Darling photo of the girls - you are all beautiful!!

Anonymous said...

I can't believe you talk about the stuff in the temple at all! I am always so afraid to say ANYTHING! I am sorry I missed out on that little trip... sounds like it was a good time. Shelly is already beyond missed. It is amazing how one little personality can make such a difference. SO unfair she had to go and so quickly. I think I will be mad at her.....

Melissa said...

hmmmm, have I said too much? You two have got me nervous now. I tried keep it very general and um, non descript. I will read my post again and see what I think...don't want to overstep my bounds in that area for sure.

HB said...

Well, now all our comments just made it worse!! LOL. I just meant it sounds strange from an outside perspective. HB

Shelly Hyde said...

Melissa It was so great being there with you. I am sorry that i was a distraction. You can always count on me to say something dumb... even in the temple.
I Loved being with you and the lunch was delish.
Miss you girls already. My butt has not been sculpted since i left the beach.
LOVE YOU

Melissa said...

Shell, I hope you took my little recap in the spirit in which it was intended. I love your free spirit!!!! Never change.