The Story Makers.

The Story Makers.

Thursday, May 19, 2011

Store Stocker....?

I finally wrote and delivered the 
Thank you letter to Publix I have been meaning to do
for many days.
I am happy to have it off my mind and done.
Hopefully it wasn't too stockerish....
you can be the judge.

Dear Publix Store #1214 Employees,                                   
Attention: Ted Johnson,
I have thought on numerous occasions that I would like to write a thank you letter to you and your wonderful employees.  Finally today I am doing it.  I was at Publix earlier today and again was thinking how much I love to shop there.  Kathy was my cashier; I believe Hector was my bagger.  I can't say enough good about my shopping experiences at your store.  My friends make fun of me because they know I will shop nowhere else.  They say they could care less where they shop.  Not me.  I am a loyal Publix A1A-store #1214 die hard fan through and through.  I love Judy, Jeff, Claudia, and so many others.  The friendly sample ladies, the recipe cooking lady, your bakery staff that is always happy to hand out another "kid cookie" to my little helper.  Your meat department has given me great tips and advice on preparing fish and other helps on the different cuts of meat.  There is not a department that is not excellent.
I remember going on a field trip with my daughter's preschool class there a little over a year ago.   The kids had such a blast and I loved learning more about my store and seeing how things worked behind closed doors.  My kids and I have come trick or treating to the store, and hit a few other special events as well.  These events are way above and beyond what I would consider normal for a neighborhood grocery store.
Thank you for the generous programs you offer our community.  Thank you for the way you run the store and for the quality of people you hire.  I got to thinking my letter would just be cheesy and make me sound obsessed, but then I wondered if anyone takes the time to say thank you, or just makes a point of making sure you hear their complaints.  That is not who I want to be.  Cheesy or not, I appreciate the fact that you professionally and gladly hear both.  Thank you for the recent store coupon policy.  I love it.  I am so happy it will cut down on abuse the store has received in the past.  
I hope you share my letter with your regional manager, or whomever the head honcho is, they should know of the superior service you all give.  
Sincerely, 
Melissa Christensen 
                 


If you missed what prompted this letter
you can get the back fill HERE.




2 comments:

HB said...

I can speak from experience that this letter will mean so much to the store. It is hard to only hear the frustrated feedback from clients and when someone goes out of their way to tell me they recognize the work I do on their behalf, not just because it is my job, but because they see that I care...it makes the frustrating times more bearable. The manager is going to love sharing this with his people and his management. HB

Melissa said...

Yeah!!! I hoped so!