The Story Makers.

The Story Makers.

Friday, May 27, 2011

Peer influence.....

A week or so ago McCauley got on a kick 
when she constantly wanted to work out
with me.
At least she had to ask me for several days in a row 
until I finally made it happen.
She and I made the office our work out room.
There is just enough space for two mats,
a little shelf for our weights 
(hers are about as heavy as Tina's @ 3 lb.)
I set up all of our workout dvds, jump ropes, and stretchy bands 
in there.  We have a pretty sweet set up.
This kick really only lasted for about a week,
but she was really into it.
We were doing a body sculpt dvd, and
I kept telling her she could drop her weights if she
needed to.  She would not, I could not believe
how she was sticking it out.
After we had finished the workout 
I needed to hop in the shower,
she wanted to keep working.
I said she could do another, thinking she would get 
bored and peter out after I left.
I came back in after my shower to find this.
Where in the world did she learn such form??
(and I am not kidding)
I was truly surprised.
She stuck w/ the whole workout- 
it was pilates.
She really likes seeing her guns starting to form.
See those little guns!
Two days ago the boys were out with Kevin, 
she and I were home and decided to watch an episode or two
of Dancing w/ the Stars.
I always speed through more than half of it, 
but we usually find a dance (semi-modest outfit)
or two we are interested in watching.
At one point she asked me this question:
"Mom, am I always going to have the straight body that I 
have now?"
: )
I said do you mean are you going to develop
breasts at some point?
Yes.
For sure.
When you are around 12 or 13 you will go through 
puberty and your body will start changing.
Man, she was pretty thrilled to hear this information.
I could see her doing the math in her head.
I love her little straight body,
would hate for it to ever change.

I have made it three months straight
with my temple attendance goal.
I had a wonderful time w/
Connie, she just got released as my V.T.,
she always wrote me the best letters,
and Maria, whom I used to V.T.
We ate at Chick-fillet after.
My FAV! 
Lastly, I was thinking today how lucky I am to have 
good supportive friends.
Sounds like I am describing a reliable bra....
that's weird.
But it is true.
They do not let me down.
They inspire me, motivate me, and the thing I love the most;
they encourage me to live in the present and be human.
They give me permission to indulge w/out guilt.
A few sweet examples:
The West wedding reception a few weeks back.
I met V there.  I had eaten, and did not plan on partaking
of the spread of divine delicacies that were laid out
for the taking.
I was going to take a pass.
Vanessa got her plate and was digging in with relish.
I was like....really?
You are going for it?
Yes.
Oh my heck, forget this abstinence, this is a 
CELEBRATION!
We dug in.
Cheese cake, cream pies, lemon drops,
white chocolate fountains, we dipped 
wafer cookies, strawberries, drank lemonade,
or was it cucumber water.
Can't remember,
but I do remember LOVING every minute of it.
I did not regret it when I got home.
It was too good.
too fun.
It felt sneaky and reckless...
I loved the location of the desert tables....didn't you V?
They were behind everyone.
So you could just keep cramming goodies on your plate w/out
feeling like a total horder.
It was excellent.

There are other times when we peer pressure for the 
health of one another as well
(not Tina, she always pressures for indulgence)
But V, remember at Olive Garden for the 
baby shower?
Man, we rocked the house downing all that water,
going w/ a dainty soup and salad.
I felt great,
and it was fun and funny to have you sitting there
showing off your will power.
There was no way I was going astray.
With all of the working out, and trying so
hard to fit and look the part that I want to be,
man, what a thrill to unplug and indulge
and dive in head first and just enjoy w/out limits
for a little while.
Which is exactly what we did for my birthday.
From the sound of it, we have a dang lot of
indulgences don't we?
Heck yeah we do!
Wouldn't have it any other way!
We work hard for it!
Thank you.
I love you dearly.
I am 39 years old!!!!!
That boggles my mind, but I am liking this number.
My last year in my thirties!

2 comments:

HB said...

What a fun post to read. I love Mc...She is so adorable. "straight body" so cute. Do you remember wanting breasts? I don't...they were just there one day and Mom was trying to outfit me in one of her own bra's...talk about humiliating. At least you got to go ritual traing bra shopping first. I do remember that. I love that Mc wants to be just like you...enjoy it while it lasts. She is a beautiful, sweet girl.

I like that you have so many good, fun friends...it is like a cluster...add "nut" to "cluster" and even that sounds indulgent. Lucky.

Mamapierce said...

Love the "straight body" comment. Too cute. Anna hasn't asked about what her body will be like (yet). That will be interesting. She's so comfortable with her body - dancing around and shaking her booty like no one's business. Oh, to be young and not care! I'm glad your birfday was fun! You are a great person! :D