The Story Makers.

The Story Makers.

Sunday, May 15, 2011

Mall Cop wannabes....

This past year for Christmas I gave Kevin a date for a 
two hour Orlando Gliders Segway tour.
I had to ask to actually go on the date as part of my 
Mother's Day gift from K.
Whooohhooo!
It worked.
We had such a fun time. 
Believe it or not,
we left the kids in charge of themselves 
for the overnighter!!
Yowsa!
It was a trial run that worked out pretty sweet.
They loved having us gone. 
We loved being gone.
The trickiest part of the entire adventure was 
trying to find the 
Old Town Segway location.
We found Old Town.....
.....pretty darn creepy on many levels.
Which for me added to the excitement of our wild 
adventure into the unknown.
Just so you know if you go on this tour,
the Segway tour location is actually in the 
very last store in Old Town,
called The General Store.
Save yourself some sweat, near tears, and swears from
complete exasperation.....
Anyway, once we finally found it, the training began.
You can watch THIS and THIS...
if you have any interest.
(As a side note-
If you do go to those videos...
I highly recommend you watch -
Billy Scott Faces The Firing Squad
while you are there.)
Both Kev and I found the segways surprisingly easy to operate.
They were a blast to maneuver.
I really want to watch Mall Cop again to take in all the cool
Segway moves.
That was the best (ok pretty much the only good)
part of the movie the first time we saw it,
and inspiration for the date to begin with.
Now we would be able to really relate....
been there done that!
I loved the tour so much.
I had envisioned the tour in downdown Orlando,
up and down International Dr.
Totally choked and congested w/ pedestrians, and honking cars,
which is in fact where the tour used to take place.
Just recently it was relocated to Old Town,
with the bulk of the tour taking place in 
Celebration,
the town Disney created.
This home is just one example.
It was mansion after unique mansion surrounded by huge
moss filled trees, golf courses, nature trails, ponds, etc.
It was a beautiful scenic tour.
The weather was as close to perfect as it could be.
The day surpassed my expectations on many levels.
I loved spending time with Kevin doing 
something just for fun,
and a bit out of the ordinary.
I did not want the 2 hour tour to end.
On our way out of Old Town I pointed out the 
caricature booth.
Kev said, lets do it.
Really?
Whoohooo!!!
I have always wanted to have this done,
kind of not doing it out of fear that the artist
would decide to draw me with a massive nose or bulging eyes 
or something else really awful.
This girl was a sweet and pleasant caricature artist.
She beefed up my breasts adding a little cleavage,
which I had to explain to the kids that my shirt was not really
like that, but that the artist had taken liberties unsolicited.
(secretly appreciated....
I tell ya she knows her stuff) 
McCauley has this hung in her room....
I knew that would be where it would find a home.
She wanted to take it on our GNO Date last night....as well
as to church today with her.
I convinced her to let it stay....
Just a little snippet out on the road ways....
pretty obnoxious after the two tush shakes....
we ran into some PO-lice along the way.

I would recommend this experience to YOU!
Here is the Groupon I used....watch for it,
it may come out again.
Thanks for the excellent time K....
Love you!

2 comments:

HB said...

THAT LOOKS LIKE A BLAST! You really left the kids alone huh? Very nice. I would like to see a more direct shot of your cartoon...please post. I liked your videos too...nice guns. It is pretty cool you tried something new together and it sounds like you both had a very nice time. Thanks for sharing it. HB

HB said...

Ahhhh...Super Cartoon!! Right now I wish I could recall just one line from Mall Cop...don't tell me to give up...I'll just have to meet you on the corner of "NE" and "VER"! See ya there Ginger. HB