The Story Makers.

The Story Makers.

Monday, October 24, 2011

Girl Time....

Good Evening....
I donated blood today (Tina FYI- Blood Pressure 91/56)
and this was their promotional t-shirt!
It is the first AWESOME shirt they have ever had.
You may see me sporting it a lot over the next week.
Cuz 
a. it is cool.
b. it is Halloween week!
c. no men in the house to fix up for and impress.
Whooohooo!
Girl time!
The crew is outa here.
These guys are hunting pheasants with Kev, the uncles, and gramp.
All from K's side of the family.
This is an October tradition.
I hope they have a fantastic time.
Lots of male bonding.
From what I have heard so far Kevin forced
all of the boys to get "store bought" hair cuts right out of the gate.
This raised eyebrows from the boys,
he spent $60 when mom does this for FREE!
Always has.

What are you saying K?

Apparently the boys did not want a hair cut.
They didn't want them in a bad way.
There were tears shed and weeping and wailing for the loss
of their hairs.
I suggested that Kev save the trama for when they are home.
After dropping the gang at the airport I got stuck on the 528 on the way home.
It was a bummer.
I was anxious to get home lickety split and start my projects...etc.
Nope.
It was an hour long stand still...
I had an empty gas tank,
but had guzzled two things of water to cleanse my system, 
so a very uncomfortably full tank of my own.
Every one was getting out of their cars and taking walks,
holding up towels as cover to use the rest room.....it was so strange.
...but truthfully I was a little envious.
It was a roll over...bottom right.
The people were airlifted out.
I hope they were ok.

 The day the boys left M and I started up the party.
We attended the Mother Daughter Stake campout....our first ever.
The weather was perfect.
M had several of her good buddies there to have fun with....
....and I had several of mine!
Turns out Vanessa is a Shemale.....
over and over she stepped up and saved the day for us little dainty ladies.
She single handedly made this roaring fire.
(well the girls did gather twigs and sticks)
 She got the cockroach in the middle of the night so 
we could all get some sleep.
She climbed the bunks to tear down the beeping fire alarm.
She made our tin foil dinners....(this was womanly)....
I am admitting I did nothing but eat, and enjoy of her labors.
THANK YOU DEAR Scout Master, MANLY skilled FRIEND!
I would never want to go camping with out you!!
 Take a good hard, close look at this s'more.
Blow it up and LOOK!
That is a KitKat, courtesy of Chrisi.
I had a number of these guys....
(see below)
and to be honest...I don't want to go back to regular 
"some mores" as Christi would say.
She had to really an.nun.ci.ate the two words....what in the world??
In the above picture you can also see the tinfoil meal.
Oh Ho Ho Ho......delish!
You know how food is when you are camping....right?
That is exactly what I am saying.
 Here we are.
 Some other stuff M and I have been doing.
Mixing Apple Jacks w/ Lucky Charms.....yep....I said it.
I have been watching old time movie classics, 
Exodus included,
as I work on compiling my recipe book....
just basically organizing my zillions of loose recipes.
I will show you when I am done,
I'm kind of excited about it.
Eating.... cake....you need to enlarge that bad boy.
Can you smell that?
Trust me when I say it tastes even better than it looks.
It is gone now, but I want some more very badly.
....it is from scratch off the Hershey canister....
try the dark chocolate recipe also.
You will not regret it....unless you will regret gaining 5 lbs.
I think it is totally worth it.

M had a 3-D field trip today....
all about making healthy choices....yikes....what a downer.
No, it was pretty good.
At one point during the show, the star of the production
was out picking kids to go up on stage to dance,
we were kind of up in the rafters....but next thing I know McCauley is
off to the stage with him.
She had a blast.
She sure is different from the boys,
I couldn't have paid the brothers any amount of money to
do something like that.

Well, Good night.
M and I have an early morning sculpting session
.....she will be tagging along at 5:20 a.m.
We both have our shoes and weights laid out.

3 comments:

HB said...

Whew - you been busy!! Sounds like lots of fun. Are you teaching the class in the morning or are you gals just going for fun? If Mc gets older and decides she wants to hunt (doubtful) would she get to go on the trip? Trav was supposed to be gone on a training trip to Dallas this week - I had major plans, but it got cancelled. DANG - glad to have him around, but I won't be nearly as productive. Glad you made it home before you ran out of gas the other day...that would have been unfortunate. Love ya, HB

Melissa said...

I taught this morning, we will go again on Friday. I am skipping the other early morning runs, and was going to cancel my classes, but then M said she wanted to go with me. It was fun having her.....I am sure it will catch up with her later today. She is definitely a little trooper.
If M wanted to go pheasant hunting I am sure she could go.....but I really think she and I will keep our own October Girl time w/out the boys. We look forward to it.

Christi said...

Your blood 'T' is super cool. Sounds like you're having a great week sans men ;) Give me s-o-m-e m-o-r-e. (packets on the fire)