The Story Makers.

The Story Makers.

Thursday, January 20, 2011

17.....

Class was very good today.
I am still shaking from exertion...I think that is a positive sign.
Numbers going up....Seventeen today...
better up than down.
I am getting better with names,
here are a few more nick names I have added:
Vera - wang
Dirty - Sandy
I -Vana - trump
Model - Michelle
Lean - Irene
Sommer - time
Blanche - my vegetables
Marilyn - Monroe
Judy - Bloom
One of the things I really like about my class is that they 
are so good about offering up their ideas.
I have asked them to throw them out there.
I say I will be watching...
we will be working away
at some exercise in a particular form
and someone will add a new incline, or rotation that I 
can point out.  This helps us to hold it longer,
work a muscle in a different way 
and add variety.
They are smartie pants and I love it.

Remember :
EXERCISE TO ENERGIZE!
WHOOOOO-HOOOO!
Let me here you!


8 comments:

C and K said...

Awesome class!! So glad Kevin took Lily today so I could show up only 5 min. late!! Sorry to miss warm up, but boy did I warm up fast! You are a pro already.

Mamapierce said...

17 people?! That is awesome, Melissa! :D

Anonymous said...

I must rejoin the gym so I can come to your class!

HB said...

Soon to be the favorite teacher. Today in the break room at work some ladies were talking about this new excercise class they had heard about "zombie, or zoombie or something"...I had the pleasure of informing them my sister is a famous zoomba teacher in Florida...HA...It was awesome. So proud. HB

Melissa said...

HB, very positive thinking...thx....hmmmm, I have never heard of "Zombie".....and truly I have not taught "Zumba" yet either....however....I am working on my routine so I will be ready for my opportunity.

HB said...

Ya know...I actually tried to find the correct spelling in an earlier post, but it was taking too long, so I guessed...DANG...Oh well. 2nd...I thought that was the whole course you took...If you are not teaching Zumba, what are you up to? Confused...HB

Melissa said...

HB, I am a Group Exercise Instructor. I took this course so that I could teach anything. I can take more narrow and specialized classes later. I wanted to be able to teach more than Zumba, more than step....see what I mean? Right now I am just coming up w/ my routines, and working on them to be on the ready so when a sub opportunity opens up I can hop in and teach for any class. I have checked w/ another local gym to get my name in if they have openings.....looking forward to having another class or two or six in the future!

HB said...

Huh - that is totally awesome. Today Amy was talking about her own goals to be a kung fu instructor - I know you have inspired her to get to it!! HB