The Story Makers.

The Story Makers.

Monday, January 17, 2011

Let me introduce....

My Family
Today was Martin Luther King Day.....we all had the day off.
Whoohooo!
Yippie....we decided to make one final trip to 
Universal Studios in Orlando before our annual passes expire.
We were off at 8:30am....
about half way there we (Kev) started to have doubts about the trip.
It was getting very overcast and dark out.
It began to rain.....
and rain....
and rain.
I kept pushing the idea, saying positive things like, 
we are lucky, no one else will be there.
We can just stop and purchase umbrellas...which we did.
Four new black ones.
The kids were getting down, and pretty soon everyone was against the idea 
of sloshing through the rain with our umbrellas at Universal.
I finally gave up.
We just went to the Orlando Burger King and turned around and headed back home.
Sooooo....our holiday did not start out that amazing.
But all in all I think we enjoyed our day.
The kids ended up having a playdate and Kev got some important stuff done on the truck.
I read a lot...so I am not complaining.

Anyway, I had a little time to sneak off to the computer....
thought I would introduce you to the rest of my family.
This is the whole gang.
We had planned to get a "professional" family photo this year...
but once we got this shot together in front of the neighbors pine tree.....
traipsing through mounds of cat pooh, and other dramas,
we all kinda just gave up the idea.
It sounded like way too much effort....and heck...this one wasn't half bad.
One of the best things that took place on our trip home this year
for Christmas was that the boys finally learned how to 
tie their own ties!!
Hallelujah!
Finally they no longer have the excuse to wear their sports tie 
every single week "because it is the only one that is tied."
Their cousin Seth actually taught them.
Way to go Seth!
My mom is really into gag gifts at Christmas.
She spends all year coming up with just the right 
insane purchase for the select individual.
My youngest brother Chuck got a really cool biker hair - bandanna this year.
Chuck is in the red tee -
the rest of the guys had to get a piece of the hot hair action.
I really think it was very complimentary on just about everyone.
Look how studly K looks!!
Ow - Owww!
These are my siblings...
Amy....
She is the most talented person I know.
She paints and creates all the time.
She is an excellent esthetician, massage therapist, 
master eye brow sculptor, waxer extraordinaire.
She is a black belt in Judo??  I think this is correct.
Growing up we always called her the Brick....because she is solid and ULTRA strong.
I could work out until I am blue in the face and completely ripped in all the right places
(like that will ever actually happen)
and she would still be able to kick my butt in an arm wrestle.
Which she did again this trip.
I HATE (that is too strong a word)
physical
 competitions with her....because she always wins!!!
She has three young children, Archer, Avery and Elle. and her husband 
is Lance.  He and I graduated high school together.
I guess I should have gone in order, but there in the plaid shirt is my older brother Jason.
He is really into his facial hair,
he can pull it off though.
He is married to my good friend Melanie, we also graduated high school together.
They have three wonderful kids, Josie, Seth, and Abbey.
They live in Kaysville.
He works for the Union Pacific Railroad like my dad did.
He is a mad cyclist.....he bikes hundreds of miles in a stretch,
which I think is amazing.
He is definitely still my older brother.
Some things never change.....which for some reason has surprised me.
He still thinks I am an idiot when I do dumb stuff, and is sure to tell me.
The gas output remains in full force.
I still look up to and admire him....always will.

Chuck is my youngest sibling ....he is 30!!
Wow!  That makes me so old.
Actually, truth be told, the older my younger siblings get,
the funnier I think it is, and the younger I feel.
Somehow it seems like they are catching up w/ me and Jason.
I love it!
Chuck is back in school and working on his career.
The nieces cannot get enough of Uncle Chuck.

Hug....she is my blog mate.
My writing partner.
I never knew she was such a talented writer....
I love our daily/weekly contact online.
one of my favorite of her posts is her 
Christmas Re-cap - she really captured the night.
She is probably the smartest one in the family.
She is practical, always has good insight and rational.
I have noticed she doesn't just blurt it out though....you really have to 
go after her opinion....gotta ask.
She is married to Travis....who (you guessed it) I graduated HS with.

Keri is my youngest sister.
She is a fine beautician...she is our resident stylist.
She still travels back to Las Vegas once a month to do her clients hair.
She and her husband Golden (whom I did not graduate with thankfully)
have recently had their first baby...
a beautiful little girl...Siree. 
Keri is a wonderful mother,
very fun to watch her in action.

Families are the Best!!
Kev's will come next time.
I am sure you need a break after this extended read....if you even stuck with it!

2 comments:

HB said...

I don't know about everyone else, but of course it was fun for me to read about my sibs...

The smart one, huh...I'll take that...:) Although, I think I am pretty vocal about my opinions...I have been trying not to ride rough shod over people and shove my "stuff" where it don't belong. I am learning which battles to fight...or engage in. Sometimes it is better just to listen and gain some perspective. At least Jason stays off my case that way.

Sorry your vaca-day got rained out. Sounds like you made the best of it anyway.

HB

Mamapierce said...

I've heard that the Burger King in Orlando is better than the ones here. Just sayin'.