The Story Makers.

The Story Makers.

Saturday, June 25, 2011

Sweaty Workout Girl....

This morning at 5:20 I met Tina at
the Eau Gallie Library parking lot to drive to our destination
and start our run.
We left my car and drove back over the
bridge, then made our way to the 192 Causeway,
and over it, then parked her car off to the side at the bottom.
I am still amazed that that trek is only 7 miles.
In the car it seems like forever.
We are working the mileage back up in preparation for January's
marathon - today the goal was 7 miles.
We started out.
 As we were nearing the assent of the bridge we could hear
loud singing and chanting,
sounded like a big group of people.
We were curious.
It was dark.
We thought we'd go take a look.
It was quite clear that it was some kind of religious revival
down by the water.
I was pretty excited.....
I felt like I was living my current book out in real life..
thank goodness not really at all,
(It is extremely freaky).
The Girl With the Dragon Tattoo,
I won't recommend it to anyone due to some language,
and gruesomeness, etc.
but I am in the thick of it at the moment.
It is a murder mystery.....I don't usually read those.
Sneaking around with the intention to spy was
very invigorating.
We were slinking up closer to the spot, still listening to the singing
when two men came out of the bushes ahead of
us a little way carrying two large bags of something.
Maybe clothes, maybe limbs....from trees, or otherwise.
It was enough to get us hightailing it out of there
and cutting up the grass to the bridge.
We are not cut out to be spys.
............................
Tina and I have different strides.
We do not run at the same speed, so we usually have
some light chit chat, a little catching up,
then we pop in our headphones and jam out and run at our own pace.
  I will switch back through out our run and check in,
especially if I think of other stuff I want to talk about.
Anyway, for some reason today right at the beginning of our
run the topic of deodorant came up....
for the life of me I cannot remember how or why.
(looking back now, maybe it was a set up by T herself)
none the less,
I said, you know what, I really don't use deodorant very often,
a stick will last me forever.
She was like,
WELL MAYBE YOU SHOULD!
What?
Why?
huh?
What are you saying?
Are you saying that I need it?
Have you "smelled" me before?
YES!
oh my gosh.
are you serious?
YES!
You have smelled my B.O.?
That is what I am saying.
When?
Twice.
Once about a year ago and then again a week or two ago.
Whoa.
ok, sorry but this caught me off guard.
She knew what I was wearing when the offenses occurred,
and described the most recent outfit to me.
I will not disclose the outfit because I love it,
and I do not want anyone to pass judgement on it.
I was blindsided and kind of shocked.
T on the other hand was dancing on air,
shouting hallelujah, and air punching while saying,
YES!! Finally I got that off my chest.
Can you believe that?
Tina I am aware that you will be reading this.....
Hello.
I feel I need to get it off my chest as well.
It is burdensome isn't it?
Well, as we went on I disclosed that I was fine
with it, because guess who loves the smell of my sweat?
yup, K.
I said thanks for telling me....
but I don't think I am going to do anything about it.
I do love my little honest Abe friend.
.....................
Finished at 8miles.
It was an excellent run.
Very motivating to look across the causeway and see the other
bridge waaaaaaaaaaaaaay over there.
It was hard to believe I was just over there less than thirty
minutes before that.
I want to take a picture next time so you can see
what I mean.
.........................
I thought I would leave you with a fairly accurate
account of being a runner.
Running no doubt will be a more frequent topic on my blog
as the months draw closer to January.
I think it will be fun to include some fun little snippets like this one.
T posted this on FB recently so most of you have seen it.
HB....thought you might enjoy it.



Have a great night.....
from the "Sweaty Workout Girl"
Do you have any smelly stories to share?
Maybe deodorant preferences??
 I might be in the market soon....
but I doubt it.

14 comments:

HB said...

LOL - What the heck SIS? Are you SERIOUS??? I put deoderant on after I shower just to go to bed and then try to remember to refresh it in the morning. I can almost GUARANTEE you smell more then you think if you try not to use it "very often"...This reminds me of the time you had Mel sleep over and you told her your farts don't stink as you tried to blame the smell on her...news flash - all S*&% stinks - and so do sweaty armpits.

I LOVED this post - very funny. And I did like the video. I can relate to BOTH perspectives, but right now mostly the girls. You are all crazy!! :)

HB said...

I use Dove "Fresh" scent...It goes on sale a lot...

Melissa said...

Hmmmm, HB, when I encouraged sharing a sweaty story, I was actually thinking of one of your own. Hadn't anticipated another one referencing me. But yes, I do remember that.....I remember being flabbergasted (no pun intended) when I discovered it was my "stink that stank"....I had razed Mel pretty bad. Ok, ok....I will wear it....probably.

Anonymous said...

You are killing me. I can NOT believe you blogged about this. Do you know how hard it was for me to bring that up???? And HB is one wise woman. I wold keep her around! You two crack me up. -tina

Mamapierce said...

We all need friends who will tell us things as they truly are and it sounds like Tina will do that. :)

I don't use anti-perspirant, just deodorant. If we're supposed to perspire, then we're supposed to! :)

HB said...

OK - Story...I forgot my deoderant for the morning. I took an early lunch and went out to buy some, put it on, and now have a secret stash for emergencies...I have used it 3 times so far. GLAD I have it on hand. HB

Anonymous said...

I have many stories like HB. there have been morings I have forgotten. First chance I get I am at a drug store. I usually have a half melted one in my car. When I worked I had a couple in my desk. I have several at home because I bought a different scent on sale one time and I hate it. Some mornings I put it on 2 and three times because I can't remember if I did already. So like many other "issues" I have, I am terrified of being SMELLY! I will say that I LOVE that we are friends. Could we be more different? Yet so much alike???? I think for your next bday I will supply you with some razors and deodorant:)

Anonymous said...

and for the record. I didn't tell you the first time because I thought maybe you just forgot it that morning and we were at church and you couldn't do much about it but that maybe you were already aware and couldn't wait to get home to put some on. That is what I though in my mind. BUT when it happened again, I was sure I had to tell you!

Melissa said...

Tina....you are practically forcing me to blog about your issues!! I mean it....I think we are both freaks in our own personal way. You are one extreme, I am the other as far as personal grooming and what we both feel is proper and gross or no big deal. I have no idea why it was so hard for you to tell me about this when you are constantly on my case on many other issues....for instance, if I grab a tooth pick on the way out of a restaurant. I am going to let you in on a little secret.....RESTAURANTS PUT THEM OUT FOR A REASON!....IT IS COMMON FOR THEIR CUSTOMERS TO GET A PIECE OR TWO OF FOOD IN STRANDED IN BETWEEN THEIR TEETH....IT IS FOR THEIR CONVENIENCE AND COMFORT. This is a common practice for countless individuals and is not gross and disturbing to most normal humans.

Anonymous said...

Wow, I just stumbled on a doozey of a post! Way to stir the pot ladies. I'm with Tina on this one I have to admit. Especially after being around all these fragrant Europeans! Yikes! Some of them make your eyes burn.

mytalkinghead said...

WHOA WHOA WHOA.. BUD. ARE YOU SERIOUS?!!!!!!!! I CAN NOT BELIEVE THIS! YOU AND AMY, MAN YOU GUYS ARE HIPPIES!!
THANK YOU TINA, FOR STEPPING UP TO THE PLATE!! THAT'S A HARD THING TO TELL SOMEONE... I DON'T KNOW YOU, BUT I LIKE YOU! HOPEFULLY WHEN I DO MET YOU I WON'T BE THE SMELLY GIRL!!

First of all, I make sure that deoderant is the FIRST THING TO TOUCH MY BODY AFTER A SHOWER! not lotion, not hair stuff, not face lotion (or any of the jillions of face products that I have in my line up)... point being, DEODERANT MIN, DEODERANT!
I actually have tried so many different kinds, I have narrowed my search to reg kind of secret, not the extravagant scents (they don't work for doodi) and then degree is pretty nice.. however my FAV right now is the one that YOU GAVE GOLDEN FOR CHRISTMAS!!! HAHAHAAAAAAA!!

That's pretty ironic right?! You gave me the mens old spice to put in his stocking, and I admit, I used up the whole thing and have since purchased two new kinds of old spice!

I have found that after time my deoderants stop working, like after I go tanning (which is hardly ever but I always have to switch up after that).... I'm not ashamed to admit that I use mens, it works better!! Plus I happen to know that you get your little hands on a huge slew of FREE DEODERANT!! Give it a try...

OH, BTW, Min when you, amy, and I were working out at my little (really little) gym room last time you were out here, I actually smelled something pretty dang fragrant.. so I actually stopped and ran back to my apt to reapply... Now that you mention it, maybe it wasn't actually me at all!!!!!!! ;)

one last tip, if you keep your armpit hair shaved off it will help w the stench! good luck to you! I love you stinky lady!!! can't wait to see you!

Melissa said...

Wow! Hello My Talking Head....you are a blog stranger to me! BTW I will never shave my arm pit hair ever. In fact they are hairy now and I am saving up for when I see Amy to wax in 4 days! Whooohooo!!!!!

mytalkinghead said...

ok so I sense that I made you mad about my comment.. I'm sorry min, I'm just teasing you! I guess you've had a lot of that and don't need it from me! For the record, I think you always smell amazing.. I love you

Melissa said...

Ker, don't be insane, I can take all you can give. I love your comments. I have no problem w/ this sweat issue. I would make an awesome hippie, I would fit in so perfect in France. I had no idea you were all so into your deodorant. For the record, I have used the stuff the past few days. Got white marks all down the side of my black shirt....YEAH! BONUS!