The Story Makers.

The Story Makers.

Friday, June 10, 2011

Very Good Will Hunting.....

What fun we had today!!
....well at least McCauley and I, cousin Seth and 
the boys didn't enjoy our 
GoodWill Clearance Center outing much.
(They are kill joys if you ask me).
I could dig for hours, 
it is a total treasure hunt.
I am absolutely positive there are hidden gems
among those bins and piles of clothing....
it is my challenge to find them!
I have no problem touching used clothing or items 
of any kind.  
The boys beat it out of there pretty quickly....
apparently they are too good for gently used articles of clothing,
books, or movies.
They would much prefer sweating their brains out in the 
van waiting for M and I to have our fun.
They do not realize the thrill behind the hunt.
Unfortunately neither does Tina. 
Her boys sure got it though, they found some fun items as well.
Just picture Tina walking around with her arms 
folded across her chest.
(she actually did get a few books)
 Here are a few of McCauley and I's 
FAVORITE finds!!
Look at this sleeve sweater!
That is all it is is sleeves!  
I love it so much and want dozens more.
YES!! I found this for about .50 cents.
Believe it!
I dug these killer Limited Too jeans out for 
McCauley, THEY ARE A PERFECT FIT!!
Say what??
The one bummer is that there is not a place to try on 
anything in the clearance center.
So it is a huge gamble....
but one I am dang sure going to take.
(It did stop me from purchasing an amazing wedding
gown though.  
It was all frilly, and lace, 3/4 pouf sleeves, with a pretty sweet train.  
It was in excellent condition.
I pictured using it for a zombie halloween
costume or something this year!  
Wouldn't that have been awesome?
Frankenstein's Bride!
I was a little nervous about it possibly being too small.
I put it back.
 Thinking of finding a place to store it was
also a deterrent).
Anyway, these pants are perfect for school next year.  
McCauley is always wanting to purchase
- something - 
from that "fashionable" Limited Too 
young girl store in the mall.
she is just dying to make a purchase....
if you know me you would know that it would
be a huge stretch for me to spend $25 or more on a little
pair of girl jeans.....
but now look....a perfect pair for a meer .50
I was so stoked to show her the labels, 
tell her where they came from.
This little dress, the shirts....

We purchased 10 items for $5......they charge you .99 cents a pound.
McCauley also purchased a pair of pink shoes from the 
regular Goodwill store for $3.99....which I felt was 
a little high....but she was using her own money,
so her choice.  They are pretty cute.
Here is one of my fresh clean sweaters (Kate & Ashley),
laid out to dry.
Tina practically lost her mind when she found out I only 
ironed M's new dress so she could wear it to 
the baptism we had tonight.
I was like, what is the big deal??  Any germs would 
have been sanitized by the hot scalding steam from the iron!!
Plus, it didn't smell at all.
Is that really such a big deal??
What is your favorite thrift store find?
You know you have one!
Oh yes....I wanted to give a shout out to Nikki who is the 
the thrift store treasure finding Guru!
Every time I see her, I am always loving the 
adorable outfits she pulls together...
9 times out of 10 she purchased it at 
one thrift store or another.
Great inspiration!
Thanks!

3 comments:

C and K said...

I lol with your description of Tina walking around with her arms folded! Bethany and I love that store!! I got some amazing clothes, gave them as gifts to my siblings who also love cheap finds... from the Gap and Ann Klein! So glad you loved it too!!

HB said...

You always loved the thrift stores - I remember many great finds between you and Amy at Savers...boots are always the best find. Who wants brand new boots (I speak of the cowboy sort) when the gently used ones look better and are already broken in. I think it is awesome that you found some winners. That sleeve sweater is great - I should get one for the girls at the office - there are 2 or 3 that are always freezing when it isn't 80 degrees in the building. Mc is growing up WAY to fast - good grief.

P.S. How did you do your hair in that pic? It looks really cool and complicated...ponytail or clip?

Melissa said...

HB - the hair do is not complicated at all, I think it was just two clips, took half the hair up in one, and then brought the rest up a little lower. Thanks for the compliment!