The Story Makers.

The Story Makers.

Thursday, June 30, 2011

The Eagle Has Landed....

That's it.
Yeah!!
He/We are done.
Ethan was awarded the highest rank in scouting last night.
He earned his Eagle at the age of 14.
It was a nice evening.
Loads of our friends and ward members were out of 
town partying for the summer,
(we will be hot on your tails....head out Monday!)
we really missed having them with us.
However, it was wonderful being with those that 
were able to join us.
 I love the 12 points of the Scout Law.
(see cake)
What more could any parent want for their children?
hmmm....now I am really thinking about it,
I don't see patient, maybe I would add that.
See anything else missing?
Love the "thrifty" part.
That was the focus of the presentation....
which was presented by our scout master
Dave Wilson, his son David, Ryker, and Seth.
They did a great job.
Kevin's parents ended up being able to fly out and join us.
We didn't know they were coming until two days before.
Delbert spoke, he did a great job.
My favorite highlights of the night were:
McCauley saying the opening prayer.
Ryker playing the Star Spangled Banner while the congregation sang.
Seth holding the American Flag in the Color Guard.
Pinning Ethan's Eagle on his uniform.
Lawson't closing prayer.
The Cake.
Leaving!
Chapter closed.
 Look at these two beauties!
This is M and her cousin Morgan, she flew out
from Utah with Kev's parents.
A few pictures from the project.
I should have done a post way back when it took place.
I held off because I thought
I would wait and do a huge spread about the whole thing after
the ceremony.
What was I thinking??
I have already moved on....mentally....you know what I mean?
It has been encompassing our/at least my mind for 
so many weeks.
Not constantly of course, just kinda nagging in 
the back of my head. 
Little loose ends here, there, oh yeah, and what about?
and, and....
The project just to quickly summarize - 
Ethan prepped and repainted the Desoto Grand stands
and both dug outs, inside and out.
Huge job, but we had loads of EXCELLENT help 
turnout to support Eth.
These pics do not do it justice.
It was a great experience.
Learned a lot that we can apply when it is R and L's turn.
Our sweet friend Corren V. took pictures last night and 
posted them on fb.
I will move my favorites to my wall if you want to take a peak 
at a few more.
(I would have put them on here but could not figure out how to transfer them...)

I'm on my way to teach my last sculpt class,
then I am switching gears into 
vacation mode!!
This afternoon the boys are going to Daytona for the Nascar races.
The girls, grandma, and I will find something fun to do.
Dillards is having their additional 30% off....
there is definitely some fun to be had on the horizon.

2 comments:

mytalkinghead said...

Congrats to Eth!!! and to you and kev!!! that's a huge job! I must say it's something you never think about doing as a parent until your faced with that... or at least that's something I've never thought about...

14 yrs old, NICE WORK! That seems super young to get your eagle!

HB said...

Whew HEW!! Nice going Ethan. I wondered what he had done for his project. I think half the battle is actually figuring out what to do - I like his choice. It is great that Delbert and Deann came out. Was Ethan the only Eagle honored that night? I love that everyone got to participate. Very Cool. HB