The Story Makers.

The Story Makers.

Thursday, October 7, 2010

Gimme an R........

This is what I saw yesterday when I went out to switch the wash over.  Not what I had expected at all.  Earlier in the day before the kids headed off to school, I had just put this batch into the dryer while they were rounding up their helmets, and digging out their bikes and such.  Lawson asked me what that loud clanking noise was in the dryer.  I totally brushed him off and said something like....I guess there is something heavy  in there.  Who knows?  (who cares was more like it.  seems like a normal person....or at least one paying attention (like her son) would recognize a red flag when one is pointed out.  I guess I thought I put a pair of tennis shoes in the dryer...... cuz really....is clothing heavy?  COME ON.  Anyway, my fault I admit it.

Well, the dryer door had sat open for a while and the cloths were wet, and I had several loads left to wash/dry for the day.  I got the knife out, but then there was that really sharp pointy part left.  I used my brain and did not attempt to dry the clothes w/ that.  Tried pushing it in....nope too tough.  Tried waiting for Kevin....nope, took way to long.  I finally resorted to a hammer, which worked just right.  I just bashed that part in and soon the clothes were cycling again.  Shortly after I heard another banging sound....fool me once, shame on you.  Fool me twice.....I went out and opened up the dryer and low and behold I found a second knife (no picture, forgot) at least this one was closed.  S O M E O N E was going to get a pretty good talking to when they got home from school.  I was almost positive it was Lawson.  He was insulted when I accused him......it was RYKER!  



So this post is about him for the most part.  He is a pretty good kid, fine student.  In the picture below you see him with his current science project.  This was the first he has ever chosen, I think we have all learned a very valuable lesson in project choice.  He has been out front day after day like this, seeing how color affects water temperature.  Shnooze fest USA.  Not to mention that it is not producing like we all know it should be.  The black is always the coolest water!!    ?????  Man is it too late to change?  Probably.


One day last week Ethan said to Ryker, hey Ryker, I know you have P.E. today because you are wearing your Phillies Jersey.  I was like, what does that have to do with anything?  He said because Ryker made a list of all his shirts and the days of the week, which are actually broken down into the different rotation of classes they have each day.  He wants to make sure that he goes through all of his shirts before wearing the same one again.  I was like, hmmmmmm, I like the sound of this, let me take a look.  (HB you love lists, maybe he takes after you).  I love that he does this.  He keeps it in on his dresser in the closet of his room for reference.  



He really loves stats and trying to stump people.  The other night we were all in the hang out, our mass crammed office doing what we do.  Ryker was making up intricate math problems, with many twists and turns and trying to out smart Kevin and Ethan.  Each time he would bring a new one in I was surprised and very happy that E would stop what he was doing (watching baseball highlights online) and get totally serious about figuring it out.  It was super funny to me.....because I knew what they did not.....THEY ARE DOING EXTRA HOMEWORK AND DO NOT EVEN KNOW IT!!!!!  Moms dream come true!  If it had been my idea, it would have been shot down into oblivion.   I found one of the papers R had used this morning while cleaning up......It says - ULTIMATE Math Problem - Ryker @ Rykermathrocks.com  (one example - 17 + 1 -2 X 501 div 50.5 - 2 + 7 X 1 div 2 = ?)  glad he is not asking me to do it.  I would've had to have said a big NO THANK YOU SIR.


 Look at these handsome boys!!!  They are so cute! 

Our ward scouts, a few of them at least, went camping a week or so ago....this looks more like a BMW commercial if you ask me. They camped at the Munns property (Vanessa's parents home has lots of land and fun animals to pester the dog out of.....like zebras, emu, giant wart hogs, some kind of stags I cannot think of the name of right now, and I think mini donkeys, plus more).  They always enjoy camping there....even though it seems kind of like a cheaters way to camp, in a yard and all.  Three of the dads went and their boys 11 years and up.  


Ryker is a wonderful addition to our family.  He has always been known as our peace maker.  He LOVES CHILLI, Mac and Cheese, and gummy bears!!  I love the things that make him special and unique.

3 comments:

HB said...

Ryker is the BOMB!! Mom was just saying the other day how amazing it is that all her kids grew up to be so different. I see that in your kids as well. The are all very different and unique in their own ways. Isn't it amazing to watch them grow? I love that you are so proud. Love ya, Hug

Anonymous said...

I hope you do one of these for each of your children. I have learned SO much about Ryker. I LOVE that he made that chart for his clothes. You may not want to hear this but I USED TO DO THAT! I remember I did it in 4th grade and continued it through 6th grade. Sounds like you might have a "details" kind of kid:) He may have just taken the slot Lawson usually holds in my heart:)

Melissa said...

That is awesome Tina! I love that you made the list. I think it is fantastic....you two smarty pants!!