The Story Makers.

The Story Makers.

Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Guess who I saw today.....?

Before I answer that question I am going to go back a few weeks....I was opening the mail one day, there was a letter from Ethan's orthodontist.  It was a thank you note for a referral I had given, (I really don't remember giving this person the referral, but I do know them, so I guess we discussed braces at some point).  With the note there was a $10 Publix Gift card.  Whooohooo!  Score!  I starting wondering about who else I could refer!

Today at Publix I was picking up a cake up for V for her son's Eagle court of Honor tonight.  I pulled out the gift card to use....but I couldn't use it, it felt like I would be wasting it, because Vanessa was just going to pay me back anyway.  Kinda dumb....money is money.

On our way to our next errand, M and I were cruising along A1A by Lowes and I looked over and saw, you guessed it, Marcus (the young man who helped me w/ my tire yesterday), getting ready to cross the street with his bike.  Couldn't believe my luck....yeah..... luck.  Anyway we went on down and did a U turn and came back to find him.  It didn't take long, we drove into the parking lot where he had gone and drove up beside him.  Hey Marcus.....I have something for you, it is not much but I just wanted to give you this $10 gift card to Publix.  He was all amazed, well, it's a lot to me.  Thank you so much.  YES!

M asked a lot of questions about him, and made her observations.  She thought it seemed like he was poor, she felt bad for him.  How could $10 be a lot to him?  She hoped that he lived in a house with a chimney....I said, for warmth?....no so Santa will be able to go to him at Christmas and hopefully leave him some money.  Yes, I hope so to.



PS - just as a little side note to the story, earlier today I took the tire in to Jerry's to get the flat fixed, M and I just waited while they did the work.  When the bill came and I went up to pay, I had in my mind it could be upwards of $40 or $50.....no idea what fixing a flat and putting a tire on might cost.  I wanted to make sure I had something in mind so my face didn't look shocked when I heard the cost.  When the guy was ringing it up, he was like, oh....it looks like you have our tire protection plan.  It will be no cost for you today!  YES!  Score!

Heather, gifting does come back to you!!!

5 comments:

Shelly Hyde said...

oh Meliss. You are a good woman. An inspiration to us all. Really. We need a cleansing update too.

HB said...

SWEEEEEEET!!! Love that you were able to see Marcus again. On Shelly's note - I looked into the cleanse thing today - read all 44 pages. I think I will try it - I will do the fast thing on Monday. Let me know how you feel if you are doing it now. Wish I had a VitaMix. HB

Mamapierce said...

What a great post. You are awesome.

Anonymous said...

YEAH! This makes me want to find Marcus and help too. I love that you saw him again and gave him that 10$ card. Your blog is fun to follow:)

mytalkinghead said...

dude I know!!!!!! Congrats on that!! I know that it all comes back around! ... I bet Marcus was so happy to see you again!