The Story Makers.

The Story Makers.

Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Lost Halloween Innocence.....


Kevin was bringing the boys home from Rykers baseball game on Monday night.  M and I had been home for a while already.  They took an extra long time..... you can see why from the top photo.  I saw the boys filing in w/ Gator Aides.... that was the start, I pretty much could assume the rest.  It's ok to use ASSUME here in this case, because it is easy to be spot on with Kevin.  They were all very gleeful and full of excitement when they came into the office.  Kev sent L out to get the Halloween treats from the truck.  Dread.  I am actually in the process of cutting coupon, upon coupon for money off that exact item.  Here on the desk....and I show him....just ask me.  Tell me.  But no, Kev says, some times you just need what you need right then.  He needed to bring some candy to have on his desk at work.  I swear there are only like two people left that work there......5 bags ought to do it!  

Mmmmmmmhmmmm.  Yes, and can you explain the heads of killers you "needed" in such a bad way right now at Walgreens?   Decor for his desk....  Along with the bag of edible BLOOD????? Lawson was trying to figure out exactly who these blood thirsty killers were?  Now who is Jason?  So Freddy Crougar huh??  I am like get these out of here!  There is nothing that you need to know about either.  

Where are the days of the innocent Jack-O-Lanterns, Ghosts, Goblins, and Witches?  Why are we (as a family) resorting to this???  Sometimes I just don't get that guy.  

I guess the highlight of their time at Walgreens was when Lawson reenacted the Snickers Comercial (click it) we watched at least 7 times during Monday night football.  It is a sweet one and they apparently had a great laugh over it.  


We have been having a grand time with our front porch decorations.  There is a spooky surprise  (click for reenactment) for our unsuspecting visitors, see what you think.  Yesterday I saw the bug guy bounding off the porch as I headed around the corner to answer the door.  He was still clutching his chest when I got out there.  Charlie gave it to us at least three years ago.  We have had some good, clean, innocent Halloween Fun with that little guy.

3 comments:

HB said...

I gotta tell ya I LOVE IT when you tell stories about Kevin. You know he has to balance out your quiks right? Hey, I just figured out my next post...SWEET!! HB

P.S. Boys will be Boys and Kevin is just reliving his childhood. Did you ever watch any of those thrillers? I hated them.

Mamapierce said...

Edible blood?!? Gross!!!!!!!!

C and K said...

Oh my. I would have died if my K brought that stuff home! He definitely keeps you all "balanced." Love your blog and stories. You have a wonderful family. Esp. love the knife in the dryer. I tell everyone that if "it" ends up in the wash, "it" is MINE. I get paid to do laundry, you know... lots of loose change!