The Story Makers.

The Story Makers.

Monday, October 25, 2010

The right time for a change....

The boys and K have been gone three days now.  With all my extra time I have been doing some thinking, planning, and reading.  I am not obsessed w/ any up coming tests or certifications.....kind of taking it easy this week.  Sooooooooo, Vanessa and I have been talking about giving our bodies a little well deserved break, and possibly doing a cleanse of some kind.  She has emailed me several excellent resources, which I have compiled in a nice pink hard back folder.   I have been going over all the ins and outs of the different plans today.  

WHY A DETOX?  

Lately with all the study I have been doing on the body, muscles, nutrition guidelines and so forth, it has just been pushed to the forefront of my mind.  I have become more AWARE of what I am putting into my mouth and then expecting my body to produce energy and fuel out of, which is, for the most part, C R A P .  I do like to think of myself as "POPETTE" instead of Popeye, because I am a female, ....since the one thing my system knows it can count on is my trusty VitaMix drinks on an daily basis....which are jam packed with spinach.   I truly notice when I have gone w/out for a few days.  But if that is the only "Conscious" thing I am feeding my self then what kind of energy do I think I can expect from my physical being?  I believe I am asking too much.  Running 10 miles on what???  brownies!!  Last nights ice cream? ....who wouldn't be exhausted for the rest of the day?  

Me enjoying a chocolate pudding cup.
This has been on my mind for a while......the knowledge that I would like to change my eating habits.....and be a better influence and teacher for my children.  It is not about weight.  Last month I ran across the documentary "Super Size" at the library.  I had heard about it, and thought it might be interesting.  Kev and I watched it.  Have you seen it?  With the guy that had to eat only McDonalds food for 8 weeks (I think).  It was interesting and scary to.  He went into many facets of American eating habits.  The part I really did not like to see was the bit on School lunches.

A few weeks ago, before we watched the documentary,we were at Ethan's baseball game, I was talking w/ one of the moms I knew from school.  We got on the subject of school lunches, I was saying how fun my kids thought it was to purchase their lunches.  Since it is new for them it is sort of an adventure.   Suddenly, another mom, was like, my children have never eaten a school lunch in their life.  I would nerver let them, especially not now that all the food is pre-made and shipped in.  I'm all.....loosen up lady....take a chill....give your kids some fun now and then would ya?  (I also know this other gal and she is a great lady.... , sometimes maybe too perfect, but very top notch, I do like her.) But I am not going to lie to you.....it has crossed my mind to wonder where all the cooks are when I have been in there with the kids for BREAKFAST!!!  yep.  Anyway, this Super Size show gave fuel to her claims and much, much more.

Today I did something I very rarely do....I can count the times on one hand that I have had the television on during the day (and really hardly ever at night since I started my blog), unless I am cleaning and just want to listen to a conference talk or something.  Today I watched two episodes of The Biggest Loser.  I was in and out for a lot of it, and sped through segments here and there, but also was sitting and watching a good deal of it.  A friend of mine, Aubrey, has raved over how inspirational it is........REALLY?  She is an athletic, small petite girl and I was surprised that she was so hooked on it.  I thought it may be worth a look see.  I was really surprised at the true motivation I was getting from that show.  The trainers are so amazing....Jillian, and Bob.  Man I love them.  But also the contestants.....what I love is when one of the trainers pushes a player to the brink of dispair, to the very edge and beyond what they ever could have imagined they were capable of.  They are able to surpass the impossible.....I can't believe what they get them to do.  The next day they are so full of gratitude for the realization of their uncovered capabilities.  What else can I do???  I love all the healthy tips the show continually throws at you.  I believe I found a keeper.

It leaves me wondering about myself..........what am I capable of????  So much more..........I want to find out.  I want take a closer look.....here is the plan I am going to give a go at - the 7 Day Diva Detox  take a look if you want.


..
Here is the gist of my desire to get a clean break and a fresh start......I want to be a CONSCIOUS EATER.  I want to be choosy about what I take into my body.  That is it.  I want control over my eating, and I want to better teach my children about nutrition, and how the body utilizes the food we eat.  I want all the energy that is available to me, ALL OF IT.   
 I am going to sprout my own sprouts.....I have never been a lover of sprouts, but I think I can become one.  After reading about how they are so packed full of healthy nutrients.....I know I can learn to LOVE them!
 Here is another page out of the 7 day detox.  7 days.  We can do anything for 7 days.

4 comments:

Shelly Hyde said...

sounds like i could use a little detox.

Mamapierce said...

I believe in cleanses. In fact, I have gotten rid of all of my allergies doing a liver cleanse. It's AMAZING how much better I feel after doing it. I've also done a kidney cleanse. Good stuff! :D

Anonymous said...

7 days is WAY to long. I think I would rather have a 1 or 2 day cleanse:)

HB said...

I am considering it...still looking at the options.
HB