The Story Makers.

The Story Makers.

Monday, November 21, 2011

Every other holds true.....

I have to fess up,
 I in fact did not make my intended 
16 miles on Saturday....only 12.
(since when did 12 miles become "only")
I left just after 5:00am, 
and ran out of time....
I would have needed to make that 4:30 in order
to get back in time for the obligations we had for that morning.
I wasn't too worried, I knew I would be able to go out
again later to round out the last 4 miles.
YEAH RIGHT.
I was totally full of it.
Didn't happen.

My sister HB has a theory.....
she said that for her, when she was training for her marathon
a few years back, she remembers every other run being a great one.
So that means the other one in-between was 
not great.
Maybe even it was extremely hard, or slow, mentally difficult, etc.
This is holding true for me as well.

Knowing this,
I have got to get the timing right for the actual marathon.
I better plan ahead and make it happen....
even if it is all just in my mind.

These pictures are not from this mornings run,
but from the other day when I needed to run a little later.
It was so beautiful.
Now that I run with my phone/camera 
I could not stop myself
from taking picture after picture of my surroundings.
 Todays run was my other run....
the AMAZING run I wasn't even expecting...
but I should have been because Saturdays run was 
hard and arduous. 
Barb was the only one that showed up today, 
still not sure what happened to T.
We stuck with the plan T and I made to skip the causeway
and head in the opposite direction today.
We ran to Desoto and back to Gleason park.
Barb and I had a lovely time chit chatting it up.
We were pushing it, but nothing too crazy.  
I felt like I was following her lead,
was watching for if she needed to slow it down,
and so forth.
She was having no trouble.
At the halfway point I popped in my ear piece so I could gage
our mileage, time, and pace.
It said we were running a 6.5 min mile.
I laughed it off and told Barb not to worry about that,
I was sure it was a mistake.....
and how did she feel?
Yeah, great.
When we got back we sprinted out the last stretch.
I felt so excellent.
I got out my phone to stop our activity.
Here is the recap:
4.92 miles 
33.40 minutes
6.50 average pace!!

Can you believe that?!
How did we rock the house like that?!
Record breaker for the two of us no doubt.
I LOVE those every other runs!!!!!
Thanks Barb!
Team Neck n' Neck....
get out there and have your best run yet!!!

2 comments:

Aubrey said...

HOLY COW!! That is SO FAST!!! Good Job!

HB said...

WOW - Super great. Gotta love those every other days!! LOL. The tough days just make you mentally tough, which is just as important as you know. What beautiful photos - Look at what you would have missed if you hadn't done the run.