The Story Makers.

The Story Makers.

Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Shake that GROOVE THANG....

G N O -
Girls Night Out.
Bow-chicka-bow- wow....
 This GNO was Tina's making -
 the one in the stripes, mini mouse bow, and fake 
leg warmers.
She has been talking about going skating FOREVER.
The rest of us were always like, 
yeah, I guess, whatever.  
If you really want to.
I'll try and show up if you plan it.
yawn.

Finally her dream came to fruition.
Not sure why the leg up became a popular pose for the night, it was actually pretty dangerous
 for amateurs such as Christi, in the front.

to be quite honest.....
we had a DANG GOOD TIME!!!
Way to go Tina!
FYI - T is an 80's music LOVER...
she could not get her fill of Michael J, Madonna and the like.
She was off in her own little 80's world.
She also runs to the stuff....I get so sick of it.
 It was only us, and maybe four or five 10 year olds.
We had the whole joint to ourselves....
which meant one thing...to me anyway....
breaking rules ALLOWED!
We did whips, trains, backward skating whenever we felt like it,
and plenty of other stunts that would typically be 
frowned upon.
I could not get enough of this crunched down pose....I have been watching McCauley
pose way too often, she is rubbing off on me.
Sorry to block you Sarah....I was a being a HUGE photo hog!
The upper right picture of Christi was taken just before she slipped and
bloodied her lip and chipped her front tooth.
See what I meant about being dangerous?

Christi how is your lip??

If I could sum the night up....I think this common quote will do it....
I think it goes like this:

"Skate like No One's Watching".
and we sure did that.



One of the craziest and most bizarre things of the night was that
when our civilized skating session was over at 8pm.
A HUGE gang of roller derby F R E A K S, humans came
traipsing in.  
There were tons of them.
T O N S! 
How many???  
25 - 50??
Tattooed, shaved heads, half hair - half shaved,
ringed and pierced to the hilt.
They were anxious for us to clear the rink and stop taking posed photos
so they could get on and rassle.

Who knew, in our little safe, innocent town we had such ruffians
in our midst???
We sure were surprised. 

PS - I am missing pictures of our other girls!!
I want to add you to the post....please send a few if you have any.

6 comments:

Mamapierce said...

Looks like you had a blast! Awesome! :D

Christi said...

Thanks for the laughs ladies! :D

Nicole Junek said...

Oh my goodness so love this. I love rollerskating, how do I get into this group LOL

Melissa said...

Hi Nicole, this is an obvious first for us. But we have a great group of girls that try and get together each month to do different things together. Lots of times it is just getting a bite to eat and visiting. We would love to include you if you weren't just fooling around with me. I am certain we can be convinced to "ride" again if there is enough interest.

HB said...

This really does look fun although you couldn't pay me to get back on roller skates since the big 'incident' of my youth. My knee has never been the same since ricocheting off a fellow speed skater's wheel...I shiver to recall it.

How did you kink your hair up like that - it looks like braids, but was it a crimping iron? You look adorable - and you ARE a poser.

Glad you had such a good time - great photos!!

Melissa said...

HB - yes, crimping iron, the big barrel kind. I actually crimp it up at least a few times each month. This is Kev's favorite way I wear my hair. The bigger the better. I love it because crimping lasts for DAYS. If it gets a little old looking just throw in a few random crimps and you are good to go again.

I don't remember you getting hurt roller skating.....? You never went skating again? Was I there?