The Story Makers.

The Story Makers.

Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Team MOTIVATOR....

Hi Team Neck and Neck!!!
Tina reminded me recently that I am
Team Motivator...
she has not been real impressed with my efforts thus far.
So... now that I remember I have a job on the team...
I really want to get us motivated and 
excited for our up coming run.

The ticker up above says we have 1 month 2 weeks
until our big event.
Regardless whether you are running your first Half Marathon,
The Disney Full Marathon Relay with a partner,
Or you are tackling the Full Marathon yourself.
It is a BIG DEAL TO YOU
....and ME!!

Since I may want to come back to the motivation again,
I will be forwarding you messages I 
post on my blog.
I would love to hear back from you and find out how
your training is going and maybe get some
support and excitement generated between our team members.

First, how is your training going??
Are you where you need to be?
Great job if you are!!
Possibly you are a little more like me, 
always running
slightly behind where my training schedule says I should be.
We will get there!!

Today I want to talk MUSIC!!
I think music is very motivating during a long run.
Have you thought about what you will listen to,
or not, 
during your 13 + miles on the course?
Having done three previous half marathon's at Disney 
I will say there is a ton of exciting and fun entertainment along the way,
but there are also a few dry patches that music came 
in very handy.

I really like a variety of music while I run.
I change it out often.....I have started thinking
about putting a new
 PERRRFECT mega motivating playlist together for the big event.
I want to find out what your GO TO POWER songs are.
When you really need a second wind.
A real kick in the pants!

Do you go for the classic, "Chariots of Fire"?

I like aggressive music....
it helps me dig deeper and re-channel energy,
I have just started trying some Eminem,
he is tricky though,
 I am finding I have to weed out so many songs for language.
  A few of my favorites are "Lose Yourself", and "Till I Collapse"
(2nd and 3rd songs on blog playlist so you can test them out).
In Runners World Magazine I saw a recommendation for,

Mos Def & Massive Attack's song "I Against I"
( first song on the blog....it is a keeper for me!)
This is a good one to help us remember that 
it is only
battle between our mind and our bodies.

Some runners prefer audio books.
I have had some great times with these guys....
the time seems to go by much quicker.
Your mind is so preoccupied with the story and visualizing
what is happening, you don't even realize you are running....
HA!
Ok, it is not quite that good.....but I think I need to go 
get myself another play-a-way from the library!
Have you tried these yet?

Please 
share your FAVORITE get up and go song(s) with us!!

I would love to get some new ideas....
we still have plenty of time to try them out and see if they 
motivate and do the trick for us as well.

Get out there and have your best run yet!!!

1 comment:

HB said...

I always go for Matthew Wilder "Nobody's Gonna Break My Stride"...I can get behind Eminem, but I am not sure about that other...are you going rap on me? I will say it has a good beat. I also dig Shakira when working out, but you can tell I have a hard time getting the music together. OH - Florence and the Machines "Dog Days" and "Kiss with a fist" not the best message, but really catchy. Regina Spektor "The Calculation" - love that one. And don't hate me, but I kind of like Jennifer Lopez - "On The Floor".

You Asked...HB