The Story Makers.

The Story Makers.

Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Post Halllllooooweeeeen ......

This was a surprise.
I had planned on meeting up with Emily to finally do that long
run I have been talking about forever.
She said she would be happy to meet me earlier than 
usual, so we could log the miles before we both needed to be home
with our families.
Once again we woke up to rain.
I didn't want to be deterred, I drove to the park at 5am.
It was so miserable and wet.
I couldn't bring myself to do it.
I texted Em to go back to sleep....we will push it off again.

Instead of heading home I used my brain and went to Our Club.
I ran 4 miles on the treadmill and then thought it might be fun
to join in on one of my favorite step classes.
I haven't been for many months.
Elmer....remember him?
(in the green)
This is what I found...a Halloween Par - TAE!
This was not the entire class, but a few who dressed up.
Almost everyone at least had on a spooky T.
Elmer had brought prizes, mango peach juice, cookies,
the whole bit.
After class he had us each pick a prize...
I won that awesome light up jack-o-lantern cup.
SCORE!
(The yummy spinach omelet recipe came from my recent compilation of recipes,
I will show you the book I made next post)
Later that day, we were off as a family to the Quigley's for the 
annual Trick-or-Treat festivities.
Thankfully I purchased a slew of random Halloween items on clearance
last year from Walmart.
We all threw our costumes together in 10 minutes or less....
except for M.
She has known for weeks and weeks that she wanted to be
one of those girls with the dots on their forehead.
Now who and what am I?
Legit question, 
I am a recent vampire victim.
Very recent....looks like my application could have been a little tighter,
but it was a last minute after thought as we were practically 
walking out the door.
I think it really made my costume.
(cuz what was I before that anyway?....I only knew I was wearing this wig)
About halfway into the night Vanessa commented that my 
wound was starting to look more and more 
like a pig snout coming out of the side of my neck.
hmmmm.....looking at it from this angle it kinda does.
The crew.
My favorite is Ryker in this picture.
 Some favorite shots....can you believe those full size bars?
Every kid's dream come true.
....I was pretty stoked about it as well.
Growing up I remember best the mini loaves of bread.
I loved those so much.
But the full size bars took a close second....always.

Look at this beauty.
Kev kept saying how much she really looked like one of those ladies
....he told me the name but now I can't remember again.
I said really, he said oh yeah, and believe him,
he has seen many....
ALL over the world....
ok, ok, I got it.
Very pretty.

Live action shots.
Our studs....Kev and Nate.
The fire men even came and gave out candy.
 I put these pictures in, in honor of V's 
TOTALLY ROCKIN ARMS!!
Wow!!
I have never seen them looking better.
Way to go V!
Your hard work is paying off.
 This is what it is all about.
This is what makes it all worth it.
The itchy head, the tired feet, the thirst, the constant treading forward.
This is Lawson's haul.  
He came home and organized his lute into a kings court.
He explained, 
See up at the top ?.... the large lemon heads...
those are the king and queen, or prince and princess,
following them is their court, the nobles, the knights, jesters,
the farmers, surfs, peasants, and so forth.
What a procession!

Or is this what it is all about?
A great photo opp.
I mean FAMILY..... I love you soldier.

4 comments:

HB said...

What fun pictures!!! You all look FABULOUS...Kevin could have made a tiny bit more effort...he should have at least worn fangs for the photo op...you guys look great and it is sweet that you were all together. Who was at home handing out the candy? That was always Mom's job while Dad took us around...

I LOVED the big candy bar houses - Mr. Blosche used to give out big snickers bars. He is the neighbor that died and i had the laugh attack when Richter told me...Do you remember Linton giving out tooth brushes every year? He was a dentist (obviously).

I would guess Lawson likes the fruity candy the best by the order he arranged his goods. Mine would have started with Queen Reeses and King Butterfinger and worked down to surf lemonhead...

Mc does look great - everyone does. What a fun night.

Hey, it is time to do your two Calendar pages again...call me sometime this week.

Love ya,
HB

HB said...

P.S. Really? Ghostbusters?

Melissa said...

Yes, Kev would have liked to put more effort in, but you know how I said the rest of us put our costumes together in 10 min?....he basically walked in the door from work and we were pushing him back out again. I couldn't find any fangs. Dropped the ball on that one.

I cannot believe you can remember all of those old neighbor names. When you say them I can remember them, but I would not have been able to come up with a single one.

We never hand out candy anymore. We live on a very low attended street. The first year or two we made sure we followed protocol, but finally realized we wanted to go out together, and that 17 trick or treaters to our place was not worth splitting up over.
We just leave the house dark so kids don't waste their time.

I have been thinking about the pages....just printed up 80 photos.

Anonymous said...

cool pics