The Story Makers.

The Story Makers.

Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Use it or Loose it.......

Several months ago I purchased three Groupons for
the Brevard Zoo TREETOP CHALLENGE
I thought it was a great deal - $20 each,
regularly priced at $45.
I pictured our three boys going and having a blast
while the rest of us walked along below cheering them on.

As it turns out,
 I promptly forgot all about them,
or at least put them on the back burner until just a few days ago.
Today was the last day to redeem them.
Yowsa!
No way was I going to let them go to waste.
Lawson was the only one that would take me up on being 
checked out of school, he had no prob with that.
Kev could not get away from work.
M was too short.
E was too uptight about missing more school.
R had a few important tests.
So it was L and I and his good buddy Seth who is home schooled.
Wow!
We had a blast.
Particularly the boys.
They were constantly trying to ditch me and leave me in the dust.
I don't think they appreciated the tree top views as much
as I did,  
but they certainly took away plenty from the 
experience.
Here are numerous highlights:

When we got there I had to sign everyones life away,
 and then we went through a short training session.
 We went through four different courses....
these are some of the challenging "games" we had to make
our way across.  Some were more intimidating than 
others.
 This was one of around 20 zip-lines.....this one being the longest.
We could not even see the end.
Very, very cool.
 Here the boys are starting up on the next course.
If you look closely you will notice that that walk way is made 
up of loose individual swings.
Kinda tricky.
 This Tarzan one made my legs a little shaky.  
I was somewhat scared.  
You had to swing across on the rope, bump into the web like rope wall, 
(being sure to grab on or you would bounce off).
Hang on with one hand while you undid your two clips and make your 
way across over to the platform.
 Look at this view.
There I am zipping over the Aligator pond.
Weeeeeeeeeeeeee!
This is not the best close up shot of our surroundings,
looks like L is standing on the roof of that building.
This was the last line, 
I suspect they ran out of beautification money.
We pretty much zip-lined back out to the parking lot.
The boys said over and over that this was funnest thing they had ever
done together.
I would hate to try and top it.
If they ever run another special I would pounce on it!

At one point I was talking with one of the workers,
over 200 people came through on Sunday!!
He said they sold around 6000 Tree Top Treks total during the 
Groupon sale, and as of yesterday 
still had 2000 unredeemed Groupons.
Wow!

1 comment:

HB said...

This looks like a dang good time!! I bet Lawson LOVED it and will remember it as a special day with his Mom. I did a ropes course once...it was awful. I was scared, tense, humiliated and not strong enough for most of it. I did it anyway to build character..or discover it somewhere, but I am not anxious to repeat the experience anytime soon. Maybe someday; seeing you guys having so much fun is inspiring. I am so glad you got to have this day with Lawson.