The Story Makers.

The Story Makers.

Friday, February 4, 2011

Out on a shaky limb.......

This morning I met Shelly at the crack of dawn at Our Club.
I was originally slotted to sub for the ZUMBA
class today at 8:30,
but two days ago the teacher of the class
realized she in fact would be available to teach after all.
I was bummed because I have been planning 
and stressing over it for a solid week.
Going to every Zumba class available.
Watching numerous dance dvds from the library....
....Latin Dance
.....Belly Dance
......HipHop
......and so forth....
Trying to learn some moves....
and actually retain them in my mind.
When I look at my notes they make no sense to me...
- stomp, hip hit, drop levels, punch across, wide/together,
hitch a ride - thumb out.....knee slap across, raise the roof,
back breaker, snake arms, tut walk, creep- walk it up....
Gosh Dang it!
I know it made sense when I wrote it and 
went through it the first time.
I have also been picking and 
purchasing my music and burning it,
then re-picking, and burning two others.
My class was to be called "Dance Jam" because I am not yet Zumba certified.
When it was cancelled I will admit there was 
some relief attached to it as well.
But I still want to be ready for when the 
opportunity arrises...and it will. 
I am an insecure dancer...
so I really don't like the word dance even being in the name of my class.
I think it gives attendees the wrong impression....
like I might actually know how to dance.
I think I will ask Maria to call it 
"SWEAT FEST"
Now that I can do!
This morning when Shelly showed up she was expecting 
a body sculpt session.
Well, he he....SURPRISE my friend.
I really HAD to give my "sweat fest" a whirl.
We were both very nervous and apprehensive....
please don't judge me,
I don't know what I am doing,
don't hold back input please,
man this is embarrassing.
etc.
(two people doing joke dancing and trying to make it real 
is very uncomfortable)
We survived the first song.
It was pretty sketchy. 
We were practically hugging the back room mirrors so that if anyone 
looked in it would be trickier for them to see us right away.
After a few songs we started to loosen up a bit.
We were shakin those hips up front when the door flys open and in walks 
John the Yoga guy.
Aaaaaaaah gasp, all movement ceases, accusing looks....!!
ohmygosh, what are you doing in here??
(we knew full well what he was doing, he is the first class 
on Fridays and he was going to set up)
He was completely startled.   
He averted his eyes as we practically covered ourselves as 
he walked across the room.
He thankfully beat it out of there pretty quickly.
He said he didn't see anything....
he was looking up at the ceiling when he came in.
TWO RETARDS.
(no offense Shelly)
In summation - 
I really have no business subbing for a Zumba class at this time.
..............................
Moving on to a new subject....
totally unrelated.
I have meant to post these pictures since the first of Jan.
I don't want them to go to waste. 
(waste meaning - to not be seen and enjoyed)
So these are a few straggling fun photos from our trip in Dec.
Next time they will be lumped into ONE trip post.
These are our "Idaho" cousins.
Kev's brother David and his family.
We spend every New Years Eve with them.
We do go-carts, and all you can eat pizza, etc.
 The other thing that happens in Idaho every year is Ryker has
another birthday.
December 31....so we ring in the new year and 
celebrate his birth with these guys.
 Lastly, an additional random group of photos w/ my
Sister Amy and her kids at Kevin's parents home.
Good times.

1 comment:

HB said...

I love Regina Spector...Good music! If you are going with "Retard" for your label you have to say "RAtard" it is more PC. I have to say you were always the BEST dancer I ever knew. I fashioned my own dancing after you, so I hope you are not seriously saying you don't know how to "dance". I really like this "shelly" - She is someone I hope to meet in person someday. I love that she supports you so strongly...she is my spirit sister. Keep it up - don't worry that you are just beginning - I hate that "experience" plays such a HUGE part in our belief in our own abilities - you are inspiring, fun, energetic...I would love to take your class!! Sweat Swet!!! HB